Skurnik Wines & Spirits, a leading wine & spirits importer/distributor based in Jericho, NY, seeks a talented graphic designer to join our existing Design team. An entry- level designer who can work in a fast pace environment designing point-of-sale items and wine tasting materials along with assistance in updating our website periodically. This is a great position for a current graphic designer with 1-2 years’ experience.
The ideal candidate will have strong compositional and typographic skills, an understanding of visual hierarchy (and how this steers a design to formulate a concise message), experience performing photo-manipulation work, possess solid communication and organizational skills, and have the desire to learn; both about design and the wine & spirits business.
This is a full-time, salaried position that requires candidates to work on-sight in our Manhattan office a minimum of 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm). The role will require additional hours when necessary. Please email us your resume and a link to your online portfolio so we can see samples of your work.
1. The primary responsibility of this role will be to create point-of-sale items to support our products.
2. In addition, the Junior Graphic Designer will assist our Senior Graphic Designer and Creative Director in creating additional marketing and sales support materials such as sell sheets, tasting event collateral, and monthly price guides.
3. Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
4. Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
5. Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Adobe Creative Suite Software
(InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
Working within a Mac OS environment
Written Communication Skills
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• You need to have a great eye and are up to the latest trends in the digital space.
• BFA/BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs