We are a 50+year old company with operations in New York, Hong Kong and China.
Our products are as diverse as the capabilities of our young and tenacious team of artists.
We work with major brands and licenses in the industry including Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Waring, Rachael Ray, Imusa, Daisy Fuentes, Magic Chef, Safety First, Disney, Nick, Marvel and Hasbro. We also cater to major and specialty customers' private label needs in the US, Canada and South America.
We are seeking a well rounded Junior Graphic Designer with 1-3 years of experience, who will have exposure and the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.
The candidate must be technically savvy, detail oriented, creatively versatile, willing and able to learn, and thrives in a team environment.
Must be strong in packaging: structural design, engineering, and 3D mock ups
Must be able to draw - yes draw and illustrate
What we are looking for in your portfolio:
• Demonstrate your creative versatility– showing a wide range of skills in illustrator and Photoshop
• Have great examples of packaging, layouts and typography for sales material
• Demonstrate incredible attention to detail, accuracy and follow up skills
• Have examples of any pattern or product design concept to reality
• Designing and engineering packaging based on product and customer needs
• Develop and design innovative products, fresh patterns and prints for home textiles products
• Create problem solving packaging concepts, execute mock ups for presentations and showroom display.
• Prepare for major customer meetings and presentations including: creating sell sheets, making mock ups and boards under direction.
• Must be proficient and efficient in photography and photo-retouching
• Taking projects from concept to production
• Multi-task and produce exceptional work under tight deadlines
• Knows how to listen, take great notes, and stay organized.
• Maintaining updated project schedule
• Assisting senior designers in projects whatever they may be
• Follow up on projects under review
• Tracking license approvals
• Be a sponge and learn, learn, learn!
• Takes initiative and gives 110%
Qualifications, Experience and Education requirements:
• BA or Bachelor of Fine Arts degree required in graphics related field
• 1-3 years of experience. While we appreciate candidates with more experience and what they bring to the table, the candidate must be willing and able to learn the company’s methods and processes first then applying their additional experience appropriately.
• Positive attitude and takes criticism well
• Self motivated and independent thinker with strong communication skills
• Organized and able to follow up on long and short term projects
• Dedicated and hardworking
• Based on experience
Unfortunately we cannot support those who need work visas, so those individuals need not apply.