Koncept Events’ (KE) is a full-service Destination Management Company (DMC) and Meeting Management Company with services which include, but are not limited to, event design and décor, entertainment, airport transportation to/from hotel, tours & excursions, offsite venues, conference management, hotel site selection, staffing and teambuilding activities for Corporate Clients.
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Senior Event Designer is responsible for conceptualizing and creating unique event environments for a variety of corporate clients. The Designer will work with in the Creative Department and support the Sales team by developing layouts, décor themes and overall event experiences based on the client needs. The Designer will be responsible for working with vendors and clients to build the program elements needed to create the event vision and meet the needs of the RFP.
The Senior Event Designer reports directly to the Partner that oversees the Creative Department. Although this position is not a sales position, it does fall within the umbrella of our Sales division.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support assigned sales team – consisting of Sales Manager and Destination Guru
• Conceptualize and create unique event environments using a variety of elements including but not limited to décor, linens, centerpieces, furniture, lighting, noise and entertainment for hotel ballroom and other event venue settings.
• Develop overall visual design for an event through the use of color and style, finish/material selections and/or styling
• Work with Sales Manager and client to make the event design an integral part of the event experience – touch on all five senses
• Creating storyboards for clients showcasing the complete look and feel for the event – assist with RFP development, internal communication with team and meet client deadlines.
• Control overall client budgets through proposal process while delivering unique and creative alternatives to the status quo in the industry
• Quality check all proposals – using EVED to review all work prior to sending to Sales Manager
• Manage client revisions on all proposals for your team as it relates to event design
• Assist with and be present at site inspections, client presentations and hotel visits as needed based on program development needs
• Keep clear and accurate records of all vendor contacts, research and proposal progress in a file easily accessible to others.
• College education and minimum of 5 years of work experience in the hospitality industry, theater design, industrial design, environmental design, retail window design, visual display design or interior design field with a focus on overall event design and creation from start to finish is required
• Must be able to present examples of work - could include concepts developed and/or final designs executed.
• Must be experienced with lighting design
• Must be a strategic thinker whose concepts can remain within budget
• Established personal aesthetic recognized for being fresh + tasteful while molding to any specific event themes in a chic + inventive way
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills necessary.
• High creativity and flexibility is a must – be a free thinker but also have ability to understand the audience you are designing for
• Knowledge of spatial design is a must
• Must be resourceful – have ability to stay within budget while being creative, unique, thrifty
• Computer and Web savvy.
• Deadline oriented, driven, highly organized, multi-tasking and self-motivation skills are essential.
• Able to work on a team effectively as well as independently to come up with new design concepts
• Must be hungry for staying ahead of trends
• Ability to think outside of the box is essential
• Knowledge of DMC functions is a plus (not required), including, but not limited to creative décor and event logistics and planning.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. As well as Snip It, Social Tables, Google Sketchup, Google Earth and Prezi.
• Must be a self-starter and possess a positive work ethic for a fast-paced and growing company.
• Must sign a Confidentiality & Nondisclosure Agreement.
Salary Range: based on experience
Benefits: Health Benefits, 401K, Cell Phone Allowance, Sick and Vacation time off
Position open to: Internal and External Applicants
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.