Company: Clear Design www.mycleardesign.com
Position: Product Engineer
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Product Design
Schedule: M-F 7:30a-4:30p
Visual examples showcasing your engineering capabilities are encouraged. Specifically, we would like to see your ability to generate production-ready drawings and prototypes. Please be sure to include these drawings and images in your application.
Clear Design is a, rapidly growing, San Antonio based, company designing and developing new products inside the furniture industry. Because of our quick expansion, we have an immediate need for a motivated and hard working individual, with a strong mechanical bent, to assist in the execution of new products. In this search, we are open to candidates from many backgrounds. Training in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, or Product Development would be helpful, but we are open to anyone who has the ability translate design intentions to manufacturable products.
• Work with design team to understand the intentions of the product.
• Generate scale drawings and or 3D models using Solidworks.
• Communicate effectively with team members, vendors, and suppliers through e-mail, phone, personal meetings, as well as video conferences.
• Review samples on site when they arrive, and work with prototypes off-site at different facilities. This involves assembly, breakdown, as well as some light fabrication (on occasion).
• Maintain organized and regular communications with all manufacturers throughout the process of each product project. This involves written as well as visual communications (photos, sketches, drawings, and renderings).
• Quickly develop solutions to (sometimes) complex mechanical issues. High level of problem solving ability is required for this.
• Assist with market research and presentations to best communicate design possibilities.
• Develop and refine existing products to increase functionality and appeal.
• Follow up with factories / suppliers to ensure product is manufactured according to specifications.
Qualifications and Attributes:
• Education as an Industrial Designer, Mechanical Engineer, Product Developer, or similar professional experience.
• Experience or ability to bring products from concept phase to manufacturing phase. (Recent graduates will be considered)
• High level of capability using industry standard 2D and 3D design software (Solidworks is preferred)
• High level capability in using presentation software (Powerpoint, Keynote, or similar)
• Ability to rapidly generate ideas visually. *Must be able to sketch or convey a 3D shape on paper or on screen. Verbal ideas / solutions will not suffice.
• Familiarity with trends in colors, fabrics, design, and manufacturing
• Experience / ability to work with over-seas vendors. (Experience traveling to locations also a plus)
• Interest and ability in working with your hands to solve problems.
• Team player who approaches projects with a positive attitude.
• Ability to multi task efficiently and manage many projects at one time.
At Clear Design we pride ourselves on our quality products, stellar customer service, and our ability to meet the needs of our customers by rapidly responding to industry trends. Our successes have been a result of hard work and dedication by all of our employees. We are seeking a motivated individual, who shares our passion for product, to join our team and be part of the expansion of our small (but quickly growing) company.
We look forward to hearing from you.
-Clear Design Team
Please submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter by email. A member of the hiring team will review your portfolio and resume and will contact all qualified candidates for a phone interview/screening.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.