About Flyleaf Creative
Flyleaf Creative is an award-winning design firm that builds cohesive brands for arts, culture and social justice non-profits. Recent client work includes: St. Ann’s Warehouse, MCC Theater, International Festival of Arts & Ideas, Longwood Gardens, Bard Prison Initiative, The Racial Imaginary Institute and PEN American Center in all media platforms including web design, print communications, environmental wayfinding signage, and digital marketing.
These projects require a very creative and organized individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who can think independently and work collaboratively, while contributing their intellectual passions to the life of the studio. The studio consists of the principal, 2 designers, remote digital team, and strategic consultants that are a regular part of the extended Flyleaf family.
About the Role
We are looking for a full time, highly motivated and detail-oriented team player with 3+ years of experience specifically in project management in creative environments. The project manager liaises directly with the principal, design team and clients and is responsible for delivering projects on time and in budget. Approximately 80% of your work will be on managing projects and 20% on administrative work to support the studio.
This is an evolved role. While we have a multitude of project management processes in place, we are looking to update these for our constantly evolving set of clients and new project challenges. The candidate will initially be required to set up new processes for the team, to enable them to work most effectively and productively — the ability to think strategically and implement new processes is critical.
- Create, manage and implement new processes, workflow and systems and continue to optimize
- Ability to assemble, coordinate and review design intent documents for all projects being briefed to the team
- Proactively plan the work flow management of all creative, digital and content work
- Ensure projects are briefed, scoped, assigned, managed and delivered on time and to the required quality standard
- Be an ambassador for our company and assist with high-severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Track projects to key milestones and deadlines and ensure they are delivered on time
- Lead active project meetings
- Ensure effective collaboration with the digital team, vendors and other creative stakeholders
- Light copywriting to support thematic concepts for design presentations, occasional light social media support for small projects
- Liaise with principal to manage internal project budget and external vendor budgets
- Report on progress and other aspects of creative workflow
- Administration - archiving, file management, ordering supplies, shipping
- 3+ years experiences in Project Management
- Solid budget and finance experience
- An open, positive and empathetic personality
- Meticulous attention to detail and possess problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate ideas within a team environment and across multiple stakeholders (management, negotiation, boundary setting) — A Must
- Strong research and writing skills for proposals, client communications, and to support thematic concepts for design presentations
- Ability to assemble, coordinate and review design intent documents
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Ability to work on multiple projects to tight deadlines & often under pressure
- Ability to problem-solve project briefs and consider various routes to ensure delivery
- Knowledge of current design and digital marketing trends
- 4-yr college degree, BFA in design related field, or BS in management or business related
- Experience managing the lifecycle for front-end web deliverables
- Fielding client bug reports and escalating them to appropriate parties, closing out issues
- Experience of creative management systems such as Basecamp, Google Suite
- Knowledge across Adobe Suite is preferred
- Comfortable with Wordpress CMS for light data entry and asset management
Compensation and benefits is commensurate with experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume as a PDF to email@example.com
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.