Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award-winning game studios, our industry-leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Assist in the creation of new and compelling products for the casino gaming market. Develop and implement product concepts and design intent according to the vision and corporate objectives in the early stages of product definition. Prepare and implement development plans for new gaming products and features. Advance ergonomic research and human factors engineering within the design process. Align developments to defined goals and work to rectify technical contradictions and ambiguities through analysis and prototyping. Conceptualize product direction while establishing jointly agreed manufacturing methods including assembly strategy to demonstrate product feasibility consistent with cost targets. Identify and document critical to quality attributes for products and establish project deliverables and timing. Monitor project performance, assess compliance with defined processes, and identify improvement opportunities. Collaborate with hardware and software development organizations to develop, maintain, and continuously improve engineering processes and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for coordination of identification, definition, implementation, and continuous improvement of design processes.
• Responsible for on-going measurement and reporting of organizational progress on effectiveness and compliance relative to development processes.
• Responsible for the implementation of conceptual sketches, renderings, CAD databases and specifications capable of conveying and demonstrating design intent.
• Responsible for generating protectable, intellectual property pertaining to new gaming device elements and features.
• Primary owner of the project’s design direction and product solutions to deliver on identified end user needs consistent with product direction and vision.
• Identify supply sources and assess technology capability and relevance; prepare demos and integrate in design directions.
• Act as a champion continuous for the improvement of organizational processes.
• Support NPI process and recommend improvements to improve effectiveness.
• Assist in resolution of project and product issues, as requested.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering.
• New product development and visualization (10+ years)
• CAD design and 3D product model development (5+ years)
• Extensive experience providing multiple options and flexible approaches for achieving product goals
• Experience with advanced product quality planning tools and techniques
• Prototyping and efficient method for representing product component attributes and assembly configurations
• Familiarity with Quality Management System (i.e. ISO 9000, TQM, Malcolm Baldridge, 6 Sigma) administration and implementation. Auditing to a QMS standard a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of hardware and software development practices for small teams
• Able to lead small teams including external development suppliers
• Proven record of facilitating engineering process definition and improvement
• Working knowledge of hardware quality and software quality practices
• Proven record of developing and implementing quality systems
• Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management and staff across the organization
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.