Are you ready to level up your career?At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Assist and support the development of key aspects of new and compelling products for the casino gaming market. Conceptualize product concepts and develop design intent according to the vision and corporate objectives in the early stages of product definition. Align developments to defined goals and support the rectification of technical contradictions and ambiguities through analysis and prototyping. Conceptualize product direction according to agreed manufacturing methods and assembly strategies. Identify workable approaches to support product goals. Work to deliver projects on time and within budget expectations. Collaborate with hardware and software development organizations to develop, maintain, and continuously improve collaboration and success. These duties are suitable for a candidate with experience commensurate with fulfilling core staff level engineering responsibilities. Through exposure to varied challenges, substantial growth is possible over time for capable, dedicated, and willing candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
• Able to work in a self-directed fashion on moderately challenging electro-mechanical component and sub-assembly design and concept development projects .
• Participate with the identification, definition, implementation, and continuous improvement of design deliverables.
• Responsible for support and teamwork on development efforts as necessary.
• Responsible for the creation of conceptual sketches, renderings, CAD databases and specifications capable of proving principles, conveying requirements, and demonstrating design intent.
• Research new technologies and methodologies.
• Prepare technology demonstrations and produce concise summaries of the findings. Work to integrate specific features into ongoing product development projects.
• Bring enthusiasm and passion to hardware design projects.
• Support NPI process.
• Assist in the prompt resolution of project and product issues, as requested.
• Play a critical functional role for the Advance Design & Product Solutions team and Hardware Development Organization.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline.
• 2-3 yrs of experience in a product development environment functioning as a Design Engineer or Industrial Designer
• Experience with new product development and visualization
• Experience and knowledge in CAD design and 3D product model development systems and methods
• Experience exploring multiple options and flexible approaches for achieving product goals
• Experience collaborating and working on teams
• Experience designing for end users, environments of use, and form manufacturing and assembly
• Firsthand experience utilizing prototyping methods and technologies to develop functional prototypes rapidly
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of multi-discipline product development practices
• Understanding of top-down parametric design methodologies
• Working knowledge of quality practices
• Working knowledge of SolidWorks mechanical CAD design software
• Mechanical aptitude and sensitivity to product aesthetics, human factors, and product semantics
• Material and production process knowledge
• Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with management and staff across the organization
Vision: Please list all that apply: Close Vision, Depth Perception, Distance Vision, Ability to Adjust Focus, Peripheral Vision, Ability to Distinguish Colors ALL
Physical Requirements: - Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.