Your responsibilities include working with various clients related to projects assigned to you. These projects will vary in scope from transportation, consumer products, graphics, and mechanical mechanisms. You will be assisting in the development of concepts on existing products and product ideas to develop innovative, ergonomic, user-friendly designs that attract consumers, as well as coordinate the look and function of product.
CANDIDATES LOCAL TO THE DALLAS-FT. WORTH AREA PREFERRED
• Work with engineering, marketing, production, and/or sales departments as needed to promote the company image.
• Perform contextual and ethnographic research on appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
• Take part in specialized and/or multidisciplinary team meetings.
• Travel to Client and/or production facilities.
• Develop concepts in collaboration with the Design and Engineering team.
• Rapid prototyping for soft goods, physical models, and other fabrication.
• Conduct product testing with a critical eye on fit/function, and relay findings to improve concepts.
• Develop 2D sketches/linework, block models, and technical drawings to illustrate concept aesthetic and/or functionality to the client.
• Fabricate 3D digital models for presentations.
• Revise models according to client feedback and vendor constraints.
• Research production materials pertaining to cost, manufacturing, longevity, and other pertinent product constraints.
• Present designs to client for approval.
• Test designs in focus groups or surveys.
• Identify, assess, and attend relevant industry trade shows and exhibitions.
• Research costs of production materials.
• Develop manufacturing and assembly guides.
• Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
• 3-5 Years Industrial Design experience; prefer developed conceptual, creative and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to interact and present to all team members, managers, and stakeholders, both within PI and client organizations.
• Proven ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to work in team environments.
• Ability to work autonomously to meet project goals and timelines with little direction and management oversight, while integrating into team development processes.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Excellent understanding of Form Development (visual aesthetic and appeal, proportionality, study models, craftsmanship and color/finish/material), and brand language.
• Ability to comprehend and operate within project scope and constraints.
• Develop ideas that are both conceptual AND executable – a strong understanding of manufacturing methods.
• The ability to multitask several active programs.
• Willingness and drive to learn new methods, technologies, and skills to enhance work product.
• Ability to work within a team to create innovative products that meet Client needs/requirements.
• Some travel is required to visit clients or manufacturers, nationally and/or internationally.
• Intermediate at Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
• 2D Sketching and rendering, both analogue (pen-on-paper/marker-on-paper) and digital (Sketchbook, .ai, .psd on a Wacom).
• Rendering and Animation (Keyshot network rendering and animation)
• 3D CAD (Solidworks required skills including part and assemble modeling using skeleton or sketch driving features) (Rhino and/or Creo a plus)
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Presentation and Storytelling
• Ability to plan and execute design, ethnographic, contextual Research
• Design for Manufacture (Materials and Process)
• Soft goods fabrication skills a plus
Education and Training Requirements:
• BS or BFA degree in Industrial Design or related specialization from a four-year college or university required.