Zoku is an innovative product development company located in Hoboken, NJ. Our company is focused on creating high-quality, design-driven products for the home. More information about Zoku can be found at www.zokuhome.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and inspired graphic designer to work in our office as a full-time freelancer. Must have production design and pre-press experience including knowledge of saving images and preparing files for print. Projects will include, but not be limited to designing packaging, web pages, catalogs, and sales materials. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a team environment and execute directions correctly. Should have strong skills in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro a plus.
This position is in Hoboken, New Jersey, in the NYC metro area. A short commute to and from the city.
• The successful candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in a design consultancy, fast-paced corporate environment , or internship
• BFA specializing in Graphic Design preferred; Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or related field required
• Advanced knowledge of print production and pre-press processes
• A refined sense of typography and visual hierarchy
• Keen attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate files for press
• The ability to excel within a team environment and work with other designers
• A portfolio that demonstrates successful design processes and creativity
Please send resume, cover letter, and PDF portfolio samples less than 5mb (or link to your website). Please tell us a little bit about yourself and why you think you will be a good fit for this position. In the subject line please put: ZOKU JUNIOR DESIGNER.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.