The Director of Product & Merchandising is to oversee design & development teams to ensure they are adhering to product development calendars both for R&D initiatives and sales/marketing initiatives. This role will be crucial in ensuring that the product developed by meets sales objectives and is on strategy both from a branding and marketability standpoint. This role will oversee the approval process for each category in whole Group III brand portfolio and work closely with design, sales, marketing sourcing and overseas factories to ensure product execution meets deliverables. Must have strong merchandising capability across multiple categories for a global brand including bags, luggage, apparel and accessories. Experience in curating collections according to the seasonal plan and good graphic sense.
The Director of Product & Merchandising must have strong written and verbal skills, as well as leadership and management abilities. They will be an excellent multi-tasker and have a solid understanding of current market trends. They must have deep understanding of the product categories, and general sense of construction and production methods. They should have strong analytical skills and be able to predict market trends, and how they apply to the Group III brand portfolio to maximize the sales strategy. They must have a strong background in marketing and understand the operation and maintenance of global brands across multiple categories.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Build strong, collaborative relationships with Design, Marketing, Production, Sourcing and Sales to elevate the product standards and meet all deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple product categories and brands simultaneously and ensure that branding and product strategy is consistent and adheres to overall company strategy and financial goals.
• Provide direction on all trend, colour and silhouette initiatives for each brand/category including fabric qualities, wash, lab dips, artwork, accessories.
• Manage Asana, Time & Action calendars and reports to ensure all target deadlines are achieved to meet scheduled deliverables.
• Analyze product whitespace opportunities from a product/merchandising standpoint; in conjunction with sales and marketing feedback.
• Manage seasonal/directive assortments by program
• Special projects as assigned
• Strong knowledge and experience working with a global brand that has multiple categories or licenses.
• In conjunction with Senior management, develop and implement sales and merchandising strategies maximizing sales growth, ensuring profitability.
• Work directly with design teams strategizing new product assortments for each account
• Manage the design and product development teams globally.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to directly to CMO & Vice President of Design
Works closely with CCO
Work closely with EVP of sales
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
• Must be organized
• Must be highly analytical & strategic minded
• Must have a strong sense of fashion, colour, merchandising & assortment planning
• Must have strong communication skills & proven leadership ability.
• Must have knowledge of cut & sew, OEM manufacturing
• Experience working with licensed brands a plus
• Must have strong sense of branding and marketing applied to consumer goods.
EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Design Management or Marketing or equivalent working experience is required.
Minimum of 8+ years' experience
Proficient in EXCEL, knowledge of patternmaking / cut and sew construction & Adobe Creative Suite a plus
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Typical office environment based in Pompano Beach, FL
• Frequent travel expected.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, stretching
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires working under stressful conditions with changing priorities and tight time lines without becoming flustered.
• Typical 8:30 – 5:30 office hours with frequent overtime required for tight deadline projects
• Must handle novel and diverse work problems daily.