Build your career with Universal Presentation Concepts as an Industrial Design Engineer. We are seeking an energetic & dynamic individual who will be involved in all aspects of new display product development from concept generation through production.
We are 40 years strong right here in Madison, WI and are proud that our products are Made in America. Our Design Engineers create, design and engineer point of purchase (POP) displays, and retail store fixtures. Select candidates will participate in the creative process with customers and account managers.
The right candidate will have strong creativity, outstanding communication both verbal and written. Must have experience and exceptional mechanical design skills.
If you have a proven track record of performance and believe the best recipe for success is being customer focused – high energy – and a team player, UPC Displays wants to talk to you!
1. Work directly with customers, understanding their needs & requirements
2. Evaluate design ideas based on aesthetics, human factors, usability, functionality, durability and cost. Also must consider many manufacturing processes and materials.
3. Participate in the quoting process by providing product specifications and manufacturing process
4. Review quotes for accuracy
5. Manage proto-typing with “hands-on” approach until product is ready for manufacturing
6. Support questions that may arise in manufacturing.
7. Work closely with other departments (purchasing, manufacturing and customer service) and suppliers to reduce cost and improve quality and lead times
8. Effectively communicate on a technical and non-technical level with members of other departments, suppliers and/or customers
• Minimum of 3 years in a Design Engineering role
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, industrial arts, industrial design or related discipline
• Experience in furniture and/or cabinet design, retail design or merchandising preferred
• Proven experience with Microsoft software
• Proficient in computer assisted design (CAD) software
• General understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
• Health, dental and vision available 1st of month following 60 days
• Company contributes to health insurance each month on your behalf
• Paid holidays and overtime available
• STD, LTD, life insurance available
• Paid time off (PTO) and 401k after 1yr
• Monthly awards and company celebrations
• Cross train in other departments to increase your skills
UPC is a custom job shop that uses various plastic, wood, metal and other materials in its products. Currently UPC works with companies in the stationary, gifts, home appliances, housewares and sporting goods industries.
Take a look today, and see what might interest you now and in the future.
Universal Presentation Concepts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and UPC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
Apply online with our 3 minute application and your resume.