We are looking for an industrial designer to join our team who is equally a concepts and form creation master with world-class technical abilities. You will be working directly with our internal team of designers and with partner and/or client-side design, engineering, marketing, and manufacturing teams.
You will be an active participant, team member, and individual contributor in the complete product development process – from concept generation and front-end innovation to 3D visualization and advanced CAD modeling. We will give you more responsibility in your strongest skills and more training and support in your less developed areas of expertise.
This position is expected to take a lead role in the creative process, client management, and design reviews.
We use state of the art tools and stay on the forefront of design software. If we deem appropriate, then we may expect that the Industrial Designer will adopt these new tools and skill sets. Training and equipment are provided.
Most of us are located at our studio in Framingham MA, and we are looking for someone that can work onsite most of the week. (New location next to MBTA!)
We are a global team with a global client-base, so some travel to Europe and China will be required. Usually trips of 1-2 weeks.
• Industrial designer has demonstrable 4-8 years of professional industrial design experience in a fast-paced environment of high output.
• Rapid visualization skills using 2D sketching (not only as presentation assets, but also as live whiteboards and digital sketching on screen-sharing sessions)
• Advanced 3D modeling creating Nurbs surfacing (in any software), and ideally also Subdivision Surfaces (also in any software). Must work in, or interoperate with, Rhino and Modo as well.
• Grasshopper3D skills and/or willingness to learn Grasshopper3D.
• 3D visualization skills beyond basic Keyshot3D.
• Developing products for production with a strong grasp of engineering and manufacturing processes.
• Background in product design with embedded electronics, consumer products, and integration of hard and soft goods.
• Self-motivation and willingness to take a pro-active role in the creative design process and client communications.
• Cross-cultural skills: Familiarity and exposure to other cultures outside the local industry.
• Willingness to travel.
• Ability to occasionally lift large boxes and materials weighing up to fifty (50) pounds is also a requirement.
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or related field is preferable, however, prior relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
Fresco Design is moving into a new office studio on December 1st when construction is complete! We'll be located just one block from the Framingham MBTA train stop, and across from the Jack's Abby Brewery. Our new office is 35-45 minutes from South Station on the express train.
We strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We have a flexible work from home policy and flexible in/out times to accommodate the busy life. Salaries are based on a 40 hour work week, and all hours beyond 40 hours are paid at time and a half. Because we value your time as much as our clients do.
Fresco Design offers industry competitive employment benefits. Including:
• Life Insurance
• Short and long term disability
• Retirement matching
• Paid holidays
• Paid time off
• Paid overtime
Please tell us a little about yourself and why you're interested in the job. Send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.