We are currently seeking a talented Product/Industrial Designer, with 5+ years of experience.
If you build, tinker, construct or dabble with machines, toys, or mechanisms, have a ‘makers’ attitude and an understanding of product and packaging, you’ll fit right in.
Prepara and Prep-Tools are offshoots of our Award-winning product design firm Pollen Design.
We design and manufacture innovative kitchen tools, gadgets and bar-ware. We need a well-rounded, keen and clever designer to work within our small team and seamlessly with the Design Director.
You will see our designs are produced and sold within very short lead times, so you will need the skills to accomplish this. You will be prepared to roll your sleeves up and take responsibility for moving our brands forward, with innovation, style and panache.
Your daily tasks will include inventing, designing and developing new product, designing packaging based upon our current graphic languages, presentation layouts, 3D & renderings, product photography, website updates and much, much more.
• Industrial Design Degree
• 5 plus years working as an Industrial Designer with relevant industry experience
• Design consultancy background a plus
• Designing for manufacturability (Injection molding, die cutting and assembly of packaging, etc)
• Expert with Solidworks / Fusion 360 & Keyshot
• A wiz at Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign
• Confident with 3D printing & basic shop/ power tools use
• Sketching & ideation skills
• Love designing, crafting materials into functionally aesthetic product
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Comfortable liaising with factories in Asia
• Able to communicate effectively both verbally and written
• Independent thinking is a plus.
• Must live locally to NJ
To apply, please send the following by e-mail
• Portfolio -PREFERENCE given to PDF-MUST BE UNDER 6MB
• Soonest start date
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.