Advantus is looking for a Web Services Manager to join and lead our Web Services team. The Web Services Manager will flexibly work in our Orem office and from home, along with a programmer in our Florida office, and will lead the development and maintenance of new and compelling websites to replace our currently stale and outdated web properties.
You will report to a VP and will work closely with division leaders as well as the Sales & Marketing, Product & Sourcing, and IT departments to successfully execute and build a portfolio of effective web properties and conduct e-commerce activities that support the overall company and division sales goals.
The ideal candidate has 2-5 years of experience designing and developing websites, both informational and e-commerce, and is comfortable working on several different projects at once, in a fast-paced and relatively hands-off environment.
• Act with Integrity: Do nothing you would be ashamed for a co-worker, customer, or boss to know about. Leave a positive, strong legacy.
• Listen to the Customer: We focus on and exist because of the customer.
• Improve Relentlessly: We focus on root cause solutions, and focus continually on the next improvement, the next accomplishment, the next growth step.
• Build the Best Team: Advantus looks for smart, hard-working individuals who can push things forward and who can also support the initiatives within their team.
• Drive Innovation: Do you like to build great things? Are you someone that can’t stand the status quo? We value creativity and problem solving.
Desired Skills & Experience
o Experience with web design concepts and has a visual eye for design.
o Understands how front and backend technologies impact the design process.
o Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
o Generate, edit, publish, and share content (blog posts, original text, images or videos) to build meaningful connections that encourages community members to take action.
o Experience with UX principles, A/B testing, and understands optimizations to increase traffic and conversion.
o Ability to communicate clearly and exercise effective interpersonal, problem-solving, team-oriented, and decision-making skills where a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
o Able to resolve problems by thinking logically, identify tasks, and develop modular programming steps.
o Can communicate on a high-level as needed with internal management and internal clients
o Understands the disciplines required to drive traffic to e-commerce platforms, (PPC, email marketing, link generation, SEO, offline marketing and PR, Affiliate Programs, etc.)
o Help configure and maintain web hosting environments.
o Experience with and proficiency in WordPress, Shopify, or related e-commerce platforms
o Understanding of the disciplines required to drive traffic to e-commerce platforms, (PPC, email marketing, link generation, SEO, offline marketing and PR, Affiliate Programs, etc.)
o Understand general order management/customer fulfillment in an e-commerce context.
o Be able to analyze data, review analytics, and use software like Excel to do so.
o Understand keywords, Google analytics, adwords, and how different terms can change rankings.
o Stay updated on periodic local and search engine algorithm changes and how to optimize for them.
o Help scope development projects and plan milestones, deliverables, and timelines.
o Be able to manage several different projects at once.
o Introduce and implement innovative techniques and technologies.
o Ensure that websites are thoroughly tested and work across multiple platforms and browsers before going live.
o Knowledge of code and design quality through the execution of test plans including cross-browser and cross-platform quality testing.
o Manage another web programmer in executing against overall plans and objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.