Advantus is looking for a Product Designer to work in our Creative Services team. The Product Designer will work on both industrial/product design and related packaging/branding design across our five consumer products divisions.
You will report to a VP and will work closely with division leaders as well as the Sales & Marketing, Product & Sourcing, and IT departments to design and develop products, branding, and packaging on new and existing product lines. You will be able to work flexibly from home and our Orem office, and will collaborate remotely with a UK designer in Indonesia and the rest of our Florida headquarters team.
The ideal candidate has 1-3 years of experience designing and developing products, brands, and packaging, and is comfortable working on several different projects at once, in a fast-paced and relatively hands-off environment.
• Act with Integrity: Do nothing you would be ashamed for a co-worker, customer, or boss to know about. Leave a positive, strong legacy.
• Listen to the Customer: We focus on and exist because of the customer.
• Improve Relentlessly: We focus on root cause solutions, and focus continually on the next improvement, the next accomplishment, the next growth step.
• Build the Best Team: Advantus looks for smart, hard-working individuals who can push things forward and who can also support the initiatives within their team.
• Drive Innovation: Do you like to build great things? Are you someone that can’t stand the status quo? We value creativity and problem solving.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Strong design sense and ability to see what is right or wrong about a particular design concept or layout.
• Sketching, brainstorming, ideation skills to communicate ideas and concepts.
• Ability to communicate clearly and exercise effective interpersonal, problem-solving, team-oriented, and decision-making skills where a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Able to resolve problems by thinking logically, identify tasks, and develop a plan to execute on those tasks.
• Can communicate on a high-level as needed with internal management and internal clients.
• Experience with and proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Solidworks and Keyshot experience is a plus.
• Understanding of how design impacts manufacturing and product costs, as well as perceived value and pricing power.
• Self-starter, enjoys working on a high variety of projects each week.
• Bachelor’s degree in design, 1-3 years work experience.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.