About Factor[e] Ventures
Factor[e] Ventures is an impact investment firm based in Fort Collins, Colorado, with offices in Mumbai, India, Nairobi, Kenya, and London, UK. Factor[e] identifies, validates, de-risks, and invests in highly-scalable, socially meaningful technology ventures that can help drive development through access to energy, agriculture, transportation, and waste & resource management. We’re very engaged post-investment, helping our ventures develop the strategies, hone the technologies, build the teams, and raise the funds they need to achieve impact at scale.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly dynamic Industrial Designer/Product Design Engineer to join our technical team. You will bring creativity, a fresh perspective, expertise in Fusion360 and other AutoDesk software programs, and the desire to create memorable, innovative products.
You will be responsible for working with both Factor[e] and its portfolio companies creating, managing and collaborating on design process, product renderings, prototyping and marketing.
This position will be based in the Factor[e] office in Fort Collins, CO, and will work closely with our global offices and portfolio companies around the world. Some domestic and international travel required.
• Create and contribute great design solutions on both initial and advanced concept projects.
• Participate in project brainstorms with Factor[e] and our portfolio companies to generate innovative ideas and product features/concepts.
• Produce timely deliverables on path-critical projects and product development priorities.
• Support research into design trends, consumer segments, and market competitors to inspire and guide your design directions.
• Create exceptional presentations that may include research summaries, sketches, user scenarios, product renderings, and appearance models.
• Build 3D CAD models of intended design directions for the creation of prototypes or to communicate design intent to engineering teams.
• Create infographics and graphic collateral internally and for portfolio companies.
• Collaborate effectively with other designers, engineers, and manufacturing partners/portfolio companies to identify opportunities, solve design issues, and preserve design intent throughout a project.
• A passion for social impact design.
• 5+ years of progressive experience in the field of industrial design (and the portfolio to prove it).
• Superb sketching, form development, CAD modeling, rendering, and graphic skills.
• Fluency in Fusion360 and other Autodesk software (further software training can be provided).
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign Photoshop.
• An understanding of basic manufacturing and a willingness to learn about new technologies and processes; experience with global sourcing and contract manufacturing desirable.
• Must be independent in your work style, comfortable self-managing multiple priorities and partners concurrently, thrive in the face of ambiguity, and be motivated to drive projects forward.
• Outstanding verbal, written, visual communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in design of small appliances a plus.
• Willingness to work closely with, and take direction from, portfolio companies’ team members.
• Expertise in translating ideas into visual concepts.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Industrial Design (could include mechanical or industrial engineering or similar field with design coursework or focus).
To Apply: Please submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line “Last Name – Industrial Designer”. Please include a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the position and in joining the Factor[e] team.