The Artisan Support Specialist is a member of the Artisan Team and responsible for understanding the application of various paint mediums to printed canvases, paper, and other specialty items, in a manner that enhances the actual design of the art with a hand embellished appearance and reproduction original pieces exclusive to Wendover Art Group. The specialist would work closely with the Artisan Team Lead and have a strong art background. They must be able to efficiently create source documentation from individual, personal and/or written instruction within a short window of time after pieces are sampled and/or introduced. This includes communicating instructions and training team members to reproduce aesthetic quality of the original work of art through the use of proper tools, application techniques and quantity of product applied. You must be able to proficiently learn and understand the techniques, train others and maintain the integrity of the products produced. Responsibilities include: skill in graphic design and Microsoft programs, understanding and mastering application skills of products, tools, and techniques. Being a production liaison; integral team member; effectively and efficiently adhering to policies; processes; schedules and maintaining the appropriate computer and paperwork required. This position is responsible for reproducing works of art, documentation and training while maintaining a high level of quality, consistency, and quality control.
At Wendover our Goal is to build THE BEST art company in the world on a solid Foundation of The American Dream, Our Mission, One Wendover and Our Core Values.
Our Core Values define our character and are the source of our reputation.
• Work closely and take direction from Artisan Team Lead.
• Format and create documentation for the Artisan department including, Hand Finishing (HF) Team and Specialty Line Team within specified timelines.
o Includes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Instructions, Manual updates, and any other documentation required:
Graphically highlighting existing imagery for various colors used to enhance artwork.
Format written documentation into the standard format/template for the department.
• Includes any additional photos required for step by step instruction.
• Photos will be provided.
Ability to translate into Spanish if required.
Print finalized documentation; make appropriate copies, laminate and file in Master SOP reference manuals in the department.
Properly file digital copies.
• Ability to verbally translate and explain the SOP and application techniques to the production team members.
• Ability to graphically create, enhance, and/or change imagery to support the Artisan Team Lead’s requirements.
• Ability to properly set up print files per Wendover Graphic Design Manual.
• Ability to learn and master various hands on painting, textural application and finishing techniques.
• Understanding of visual art and painting including; color, mediums, product uses, and application techniques.
• Understand the tools and proper tool care.
• Learn and master the various products used and how/why they are used.
• The ability to learn and master the techniques, applications and specialty treatments of all the products we produce.
• The ability to teach process and train other team members; including oversight of their application of techniques and specialty treatments while maintaining the highest level of consistency.
• Understand and abide by department manual, process flows, timelines, and schedules.
• Ability to take direction, work effectively and efficiently, individually and as a team.
• Work and communicate effectively to facilitate job requirements.
• Work under tight timelines and deadlines.
• Ability to quickly adjust and adapt to changing requirements.