To support our continuous growth, we are looking for a fashion/eyewear designer to join our design team in Copenhagen. We are growing and need to explore new worlds in eyewear.
We are looking for a designer with the skill to create our new eyewear and sunglasses for the future.
A strong understanding for design is required in order to be able to choose the right look, feel and materials, translating our brand DNA into the assets mentioned above.
The designer must have the ability to collaborate in a team environment and be able to lead projects from start to finish. Communicate with sub suppliers, make final production drawings, 3D renders presentations and do various product tests. Control the process from design meetings to final production on tight deadlines.
Ørgreen Optics was established in 1997 and is one of the leading companies globally within high-end eyewear. Ørgreen is known for an innovative approach to design and colour combinations.
Designed and developed in Denmark and handcrafted in Japan. Ørgreen Optics is sold in more than 50 markets worldwide.
Minimum 3 years experience
• A very good understanding of eyewear, trends and fashion.
• Create drawings on different levels for our in-house design process, such as sketches, 2D or 3D.
• Create 3D models for product development and prototyping is a strong plus.
• Communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual and written means, mostly in English.
• Collaborate with our design, engineering, marketing, and management teams to translate project goals into relevant design solutions.
• Understand the trends, needs and desires of our customers around the world.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design, Product Design or a related field.
• Experienced in performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description.
• Experienced in fashion design or eyewear design.
• Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of styling options (forms, colours, finishes, materials, etc.)
• Courage to explore new ideas, lead them to a final solution and manage them all the way to production.
• Team-oriented, positive open-minded attitude and a natural flair for working respectfully with others.
• A love for eyewear, colours, and fashion.
• Fluent in English.
WE ARE OFFERING
A challenging and interesting position in an inspiring and highly successful international design company. Our culture reflects entrepreneurship and creativity. We have a team spirit environment with positive and ambitious individuals. We are a strong team that works with product development, colour, fashion, conceptual ideas and brand DNA. The development department is located in an old warehouse type building in the centre of Copenhagen. The position is full time in Copenhagen, but travels to tradeshows and factories in other countries shall be expected.
Please send your application with portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29th of Oktober 2018.
Find more info on Ørgreen Optics: https://orgreenoptics.com/