Midnight Oil is searching for a dynamic Associate Creative Director to work across several verticals, including entertainment, gaming, and technology. We are looking for creative talent to own campaigns with top clients in these verticals and create groundbreaking work. The company is going through amazing growth and looking for individuals who want to be a part of the transformation. If interested, please send your resume along with a link where you might showcase your work.
Midnight Oil is a dynamic marketing agency dedicated to creating meaningful connections through experiences that inspire. Our passion for all things culture takes shape in the form of the tangible experiences we create, which reach to the heart of people's emotions and desires for connection and community. With a fluid agency model we are able to create campaigns that will lead to authentic emotional connections, persistent cultural significance and most importantly, meaningful success for our clients.
Leveraging our nearly 40-year history with a diverse team of premium talent and state-of-the-art workshop, we have earned a reputation as premier thought partners our clients can trust. Headquartered in Burbank, CA., the Midnight Oil team comprises 320+ agency professionals and partners with clients such as Disney, Netflix, Sony Pictures Television, Microsoft, Warner Bros. Pictures, Activision, EA, and Universal Pictures, among others. Midnight Oil has received numerous accolades from the CLIO Key Art Awards, Game Marketing Awards, OMA Awards, Effie Awards, the Golden Trailer Awards, and more.
The Associate Creative Director will direct and oversee small and mid-sized campaigns for Entertainment, Gaming and Technology accounts. As an Associate Creative Director, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team and are responsible for the creative strategy and general direction for brands. In collaboration with art directors, designers, copywriters, and account and strategy teams, the Associate Creative Director ensures the quality of the concept and work produced and presents that work to the client.
As an Associate Creative Director, you should be able to craft stories and elevate brands through campaign-level thinking and execution. The Associate Creative Director leads and presents the ideation and design of engaging experiences through extraordinary print, digital, and experiential programs. Pushing creative excellence while mentoring staff talent is essential. The Associate Creative Director will also work closely with Creative Directors on large omni-channel campaigns. The Associate Creative Director will be responsible for managing creative budget and working with account team to manage deadlines.
• Support the Midnight Oil brand vision and platform
• Skillfully interpret and address client expectations with core team members
• Direct and execute creative development & implementation of small through mid-sized campaigns in digital, social, print, video and experiential programs for entertainment, gaming and technology clients
• Partner and support Creative Directors on tent-pole omni-channel campaigns.
• Oversee design of campaign eco-systems across multiple touch points
• Guide and/or participate in creative brainstorms, offering guidance and input as it relates to the client objectives
• Translate and sometimes execute concepts into effective designs
• Manage internal and external creative team members to deliver best in class creative and translate concepts into effective design
• Collaborate with account team and strategists to achieve campaign/client success
• Assume ownership of all campaigns/projects including timelines, budgets and deliverables with minimal oversight
• Present materials to clients with confidence, clarity and personality
• Performs additional duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• A positive, can-do attitude with high level dedication and collaborative spirit
• Hands-on designer, with advanced knowledge of industry-standard production software (digital, web, print, video etc.)
• Strong foundation in typography, layout, UX/UI and event/presentation design
• Experience in managing and motivating staff with the ability to communicate creative direction effectively
• Ability to inspire and mentor creative team
• Ultimate client satisfaction mentality and approach
• Superb ability to communicate to various functional groups while translating project strategy
• Ability to translate strategic insights into actionable creative strategies and breakthrough concepts that drive business results
• Clear, compelling and charismatic presenter in internal and external settings
• Passionate collaborator with strategic and creative teams to benefit Midnight Oil and our clients
• Proactive approach to identify and solve problems before they arise
• Ability to articulate creative analysis and discuss creative concepts in a clear, rational, creative manner
• Must be a hands-on creative, self-starter and innovative thinker
• Ability to adapt, plan and organize in a constantly changing environment
• A refined eye for visual design and creative storytelling
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, direction of technology, clients and consumer behavior
• Proven leadership experience
• Strong creative portfolio with 9+ years work experience in art direction, graphic design and/or copy writing,
• Experience working in Entertainment, Gaming and/or Technology
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field
Please email your resume along with any links showcasing your work.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.