About Midnight Oil:
Midnight Oil is a dynamic marketing agency dedicated to creating meaningful connections through experiences that inspire. Our passion for all things culture takes shape in the form of the tangible experiences we create, which reach to the heart of people's emotions and desires for connection and community. With a fluid agency model we are able to create campaigns that will lead to authentic emotional connections, persistent cultural significance and most importantly, meaningful success for our clients.
Leveraging our nearly 40-year history with a diverse team of premium talent and state-of-the-art workshop, we have earned a reputation as premier thought partners our clients can trust. Headquartered in Burbank, CA., the Midnight Oil team comprises 320+ agency professionals and partners with clients such as Disney, Netflix, Sony Pictures Television, Microsoft, Warner Bros. Pictures, Activision, EA, and Universal Pictures, among others. Midnight Oil has received numerous accolades from the CLIO Key Art Awards, Game Marketing Awards, OMA Awards, Effie Awards, the Golden Trailer Awards, and more.
The Designer is responsible for all graphic design as it relates to client needs in advertising, collateral, packaging, marketing materials, logo development and typography.
•Create graphic design layouts for entertainment and consumer brand clients from concept to completion as directed by campaign manager or creative director
• Provide graphic design and production support to assigned accounts
• Ability to translate marketing concepts into creative strategies and support the creative team in the production of brand identity programs, promotional programs and marketing collateral
• Reproduce existing key art in multiple formats leveraging the Adobe Creative Suite and other applicable tools as needed
• Apply styleguide assets to new and existing designs
• Collaborate and work closely with Director - Creative Services, Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Creative Account Managers to ensure consistent branding and client objectives
• Adheres to client budget and time constraints
• Presents new ideas to members of the team
• Monitors projects through all phases of production
• Develops designs that are on strategy and reflect brand’s personality
• Performs additional duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Creative, passionate, flexible and a self-starter
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to take direction
• Technically strong understanding of design tools and techniques
• Broad knowledge of art and design fundamentals, including graphic design, packaging design, typography, photography, illustration etc.
• Understanding of design needs through print production
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
• Proficient in all necessary design applications includes Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
•Understanding of Key Note, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel & Word
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university required
• 5-8 years of work experience in the graphics design field required
• Direct Reports: None
Please send your resume as well as any links that showcase your work.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.