Peloton is seeking a UX Researcher to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our Bike, Tread, and Digital apps. This UX Researcher will work directly with the engagement Product Managers, UX Designers, Product Designers, and Software Developers to better understand how users are interacting with Peloton products through qualitative research and user testing and to inform and evaluate new features and experiences developed by the engagement teams.
As the first dedicated UX Researcher on the team, this role will work across Peloton Product Squads. The UX Researcher will initially report to a Senior member of the Product Management team.
- Collaborate with product managers and UX designers to define product and UX goals, then design testing methodology, timeline, and scope to investigate those questions.
- Source participants for user testing and handle logistics and schedules around live testing.
- Conduct user testing on design mockups, prototypes, beta versions, and finished products and features supplied by the Product Squads.
- Compile and present learnings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and actionable way they can use to design product improvements.
- Evolve Peloton’s existing user-experience testing infrastructure to ensure conducting virtual, field, and in-office user testing is seamless, efficient, and easy to analyze and report on.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a range of tools and approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer Product and UX questions and produce new insights.
- Help to formulate research documentation to better understand Peloton-specific user behavior.
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects.
- 4+ years of UX Research and Testing experience
- Experience writing and conducting user interviews
- Experience designing and conducting user testing
- Experience reporting user testing results in a concise and actionable way
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously
- Constant attention to detail
- Can distill relevant information from diverse interviews and data
- Can provide work samples focused on UX Research and Testing
- Bonus: Degree in Human/Computer Interaction or Psychology, or equivalent experience
- Bonus: Experience with remote and in-person user testing methodologies
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.