Who are we?
Established in 1983, privately-held Pacific Market International (PMI) designs, manufactures and markets innovative food and beverage solutions designed for busy lifestyles. Our brands in the marketplace are Stanley, Aladdin, Migo, and Slant Collections. PMI is headquartered in Downtown Seattle. We also have offices around the world in Shanghai & Shenzhen, China; Rio de Janeiro & Manaus, Brazil; Manila, Philippines; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; and San Francisco & Bentonville, USA. More information can be found at www.pmi-worldwide.com. Thanks for checking out our full-time Senior Industrial Designer role.
Position Overview – Seattle Office
As the Senior Industrial Designer you drive design and innovation within and across our product categories. You are responsible for generating a variety of products in the pursuit of our mission to revolutionize the way people enjoy food and beverage everywhere. You will work in an energized, fun, and well-equipped work environment that fosters creativity, open communication, and professional growth.
• Collaborate with design, business and functional groups to design and develop new products through strategic thinking and process
• Advocate for aspects of a product design that relate most directly to end-user characteristics, needs and interests
• Participate in research activities to establish knowledge based on users, trends, materials and processes that may be applied towards development of new products
• Work closely with product management, engineering and marketing to design solutions that meet end user needs while satisfying product requirements
• Create documentation necessary to convey design intent to various audiences
• Make strategic design decisions and recommendations for projects by consulting with design leadership, product management and business groups.
• Assists in the pursuit of design and utility patents by submitting invention records and actively supporting I.P. efforts
As the Senior Industrial Designer we ask that you bring:
• Strong Sketching and conceptualization skills
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
• Excellent analytical ability with a passion for product development
• Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
• Solid knowledge of ‘Design for Manufacturability’ methods
• Advanced knowledge of product manufacturing including: plastic injection molding, metal forming, CMF techniques
• Relevant experience managing, working with, and presenting to clients
• Direct experience communicating directly with engineers & factories (Asian factories Preferred)
Comprehensive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) plan.
Help us build our success story today. Please apply by contacting PMI at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.