ARE YOU AN INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER WITH A STRONG INTEREST IN GRAPHICS?
The big picture
Silgan Dispensing Systems is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions that touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. Our beauty care, healthcare, and home and garden products help consumers take care of themselves, their families and their homes. Our expertise makes us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands. Silgan Dispensing has locations in 12 countries and employs over 3,400 individuals.
Why should you work with us?
Our Design Team is a close-knit group of creative professionals who design consumer-driven products. We provide creative direction for innovations from the concept phase to production; working with researchers, marketers, engineers and project managers along the way. We are dedicated to helping our customers create strong products that help them win in the marketplace and delight their consumers.
You will be challenged.
We want you to show us what you’re made of. In this role you will be expected to be able to flex a broad range of ID and Graphics skills in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will help solve the right problems.
Our customers look to us as a partner to help solve their problems. We love a challenge and getting to the fundamental problem that can truly solve our customers’ and their consumers’ needs.
You will work with people as passionate as you are.
We love what we do and are great at it. Because of this passion, we develop, prototype and create world-class packaging solutions every day.
- Create and/or re-create brand graphics to apply to our concepts and solutions
- Sets up files for print production and external distribution
- Create customer deck layouts
- Create high quality, material-realistic product renderings
- Print graphics labels on large format printer
- Visualize concepts through sketches, 3D digital models, and physical prototypes
- Actively participate in concept ideation sessions and project discussions
- Conduct basic design research to inform design decisions
- Create page layouts and presentations that tell the story of your design concepts
- Present design work and research to small-midsize groups
- Work independently and at the direction of Design Leads
Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to design with the consumer in mind, interest consumer research and ergonomic design
- Strong product styling capabilities, ability to design for different brands, consumers and regions
- Divergent thinker, capable of generating a multitude of ideas to address a design brief
- Strong sketching skills, comfort storyboarding ideas is a plus
- Interest in how things work, desire to better understand materials and manufacturing processes
- Strong interpersonal skills, including effective communication and respect for others
- Passion for design research, drive to learn more in order to design better products
- Ability to “tell the story” of how concepts where developed and create a pitch for product ideas
- Desire to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment with demanding deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven, proactive in asking for feedback or critique
- Solid experience using Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Proficient in KeyShot or similar rendering software
- Some experience in CAD modeling using Solidworks
- Comfortable making physical prototypes to explore concepts
- Prior industrial and graphic design experience is a plus but not required
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- Any knowledge of product design for injection molding and/or blow molding is a plus
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.