Oxford University Press is looking for a book jacket designer for Academic, Medical, Law, Bibles, and Reference books.
- Works independently, but with art direction from manager and as part of a collaborative team structure
- Executes design work that meets the project brief and is considerate of the content, audience, market, and brand
- Amends work to meet stakeholder design requirements.
- Assigns work to suppliers and collaborates with in-house staff to deliver workload
- Responsible for approximately 100-120 title per year (as designer or project manager)
- Responsible for all database entry and effective inter-office communication to deliver work
- Ability to create strong, conceptual solutions which fulfill brief and are within strict deadlines and budget
- Professional experience with book covers
- Degree-level qualification (or equivalent) in Graphic Design, preferably with a concentration in typography
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software (Mac): InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, plus standard MS Office software.
- Print production experience; setting up files for offset (process colors) or digital printing
- Photo research and image manipulation
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal communications skills and ability to work with a team
Please use the Oxford University Press application portal and submit links or PDFs of portfolio samples along with your resume.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.