RPG is a multi-disciplinary design/build firm specializing in point of sale displays and retail environments. Our clients range from emerging start-ups to established corporate brands. Our core clients are cosmetic, fragrance or personal care brands, but we also work with a diverse client base that includes fashion, service, jewelry and technology brands. Our clients come to us for our unique creative approach, retail insights, boutique level guidance and the ability to produce what we design.
We are currently looking for an entry-level Designer to join our design and development team in the heart of Manhattan. As part of the team, you will be tasked with designing brand and retailer specific concepts. Typical projects include displays, floor fixtures, end-caps, pop-up and shop-in-shops for a broad assortment of brands in both the prestige and mass retail channels. The ideal candidate should have an Industrial Design or related degree and be interested in exploring the diverse world of retail design.
We have a fast paced and dynamic studio and you will learn quickly from the best in the industry. You will be exposed to every aspect of product development from briefing to client presentation. You will collaborate with our development and production teams to bring your design vision to fruition as either a display or retail environment.
- Conceptualize and design retail displays, fixtures and environments
- Create mood and vision boards
- Research brand and consumer trends on a per-project basis
- Prepare design control drawings for development team
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to design and develop projects and take them to manufacturing/installation
- Preparation of art mechanicals for production
- Strong aesthetic sensibility and able to visually communicate through sketches, renderings and presentations
- Strong foundation of materials, finishes, and manufacturing processes and the passion to learn more
- Self-motivated with ability to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
- Fluency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient in 2D/3D computer software programs (e.g. Graphite, Rhino, Solidworks, SketchUp)
- General understanding of graphic design and application
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels
- Able to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
- Degree in Industrial Design or design equivalent
- 0-3 years of professional experience
Please send your portfolio and resume as a PDF document. If you have a website, a link is a bonus!
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.