Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
What you will do:
- Establish and implement a UX vision to lead the UX product design process throughout the lifecycle of our product development process
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX & UI Designers
- Oversee the development of UX designs, including scenarios, wireframes, prototypes, testing and defining functional specifications
- Lead usability testing sessions with our clients to ensure their voice is present in the design of our software
- Coordinate and strategize all client interactions done by the UX department
- Collaborate and participate on cross-functional development teams for all of our product releases, platforms, and devices
- Lead agile development methodology to deliver products with an innovative experience design
- Ensure the success of UX strategy and champion the best possible user experience
- 10+ years of experience in UX Design.
- 3-5 years of experience managing or leading design teams.
- Demonstrated portfolio of UX-focused work samples for hardware, and web and/or mobile applications.
- Working knowledge and support of Web Accessibility Standards.
- Passion to constantly explore and evaluate the best design tools, processes, and practices.
- Excellence at gaining consensus across multiple departments and leadership levels.
- Stellar problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to effectively prioritize.
- Ensure user needs are being communicated and prioritized throughout development process and across all touch-points
- Lead heuristic evaluations of hardware and digital user interfaces
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and execute a user-centered design process, acting as an evangelist for its widespread adoption within the company
- Apply usability principles and activities to all aspects of product and UI design. - - Oversee their implementation with the design team and development teams up to final production, with ownership and a high attention to detail
- Identify and benchmark outstanding examples of user interfaces that can inspire and guide UI development efforts
- Effectively present UI deliverables and prototypes (wireframes, workflows, prototypes, etc.) to explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholders
- Assist in the overall development of the robotic user interface for all aspects of use, including setup, cleanup and maintenance
- Utilize and model design thinking to solve complex mechanical and ergonomic problems
- Maintaining internal client relationships in order to ensure that design and business objectives are met within constraints of schedules and budget
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.