If you are like most people in the US today, you are spending more and more on healthcare. Healthcare costs keep rising and employees are finding that high-deductible health insurance plans (HDHP) with health savings accounts (HSAs) can be a real game-changer for them. These accounts offer some amazing tax-advantaged benefits you won’t find elsewhere.
But have you used an HSA lately? Do you understand how it works? Do you think you’re getting the most out of it? While the possibilities are great, we believe that consumers don’t have the right tools to fully benefit from their HSAs.
So, we’ve decided to change that.
Bend Financial is an exciting early-stage startup on a mission to make HSAs easy for everyone to understand while maximizing tax benefits and transforming the fragmented and dated user interfaces prevalent today. We are driven to help you manage your healthcare expenses and make your HSA as delightfully functional as other products that you know and love. We are innovators who enjoy collaboration and have a fun, social culture, and we are strategically located in the heart of downtown Boston.
And we need your help.
If you’re passionate about delivering an unrivaled customer experience, building great products, and working in a highly collaborative and exciting culture, read on.
The role we are offering provides a unique opportunity to collaborate closely with our team of visionaries to shape our revolutionary offering for the consumer financial market and lead the design direction as it grows.
Because we strongly believe that design is a critical differentiator for us in this space and is core to our business, we are looking for a Senior UX Designer with some visual chops who:
• Is passionate about understanding users, their motivations and frustrations
• Will leverage their design skills to translate insights about users into beneficial and engaging solutions for both web and mobile platforms
• Will rapidly iterate their design ideas while validating with target end users
• Will drive and maintain a shared vision and understanding of the holistic user experience with stakeholders and development partners
• Will generate the right artifacts for the right audience at the right time to keep the dialog alive and aligned, while keeping development progress moving forward
�� Will move between making strategic and tactical design decisions regularly to identify design problems and devise elegant solutions within this complex business domain
• Enjoys being proactive, collaborative, and rolling up their sleeves to get things done
• Enjoys staying current on UX industry standards and design paradigms and will identify when and how to integrate the most useful ones into our products
The ideal candidate:
• Has extensive experience in leading and delivering comprehensive and elegant end-to-end solutions within a complex business environment, similar to, if not within, the financial services industry
• Has proven experience in applying UX design best practices to generate creative solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
• Has hands-on experience with user research methodologies and usability testing, and at least a cursory understanding of current accessibility guidelines
• Has a portfolio demonstrating the above experience for mobile and web based (or desktop) products and can walk through the examples that explore the development of a solution at different stages in the creative process (e.g. discovery, storyboards, flow diagrams, wireframes, layouts, validation, etc.)
• Has an opinion about which design tools they prefer to use when and why
• Knows enough visual design principles to be dangerous in choosing typefaces and color for a layout but does well when given a style guide (which we have, btw)
• Demonstrates self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and creatively leveraging resources in a resource-limited environment (i.e. a startup)
• Is excited about collaborating and communicating closely with founders and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design options for review
• Is comfortable with receiving constructive design feedback, and can dig into issues without defensiveness
• Is willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
• Has experience working as part of a cross functional agile team
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.