The Designer will work within regional teams to see projects through from initial concept to production under the direct supervision of the Regional Design Lead. Designers will be required to produce deliverables for multiple projects at one time with minimal supervision.
• Very strong knowledge of SolidWorks is a MUST, AutoCAD a plus.
• Knowledgeable in furniture construction.
• Willing to learn new details and processes.
• Must be able to think about design details down to the nuts and bolts.
• Working knowledge of standard industry tolerances.
• Must be able to read and create floor plans.
• Experience designing, drafting, and building furniture or millwork.
• Comfortable managing time across up to 10 projects at once.
• Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing projects or initiatives.
• Self-starter who is confident in their own abilities and decision making.
• Ability to produce detailed and organized shop drawings.
• Driven to meet tight deadlines.
• Enjoy working in a creative and collaborative environment.
• Passion for creating quality furniture solutions for today’s top-tier companies.
• Collaborate with fellow designers and managers to hone in on design intent.
• Participate in site surveys to capture pertinent architectural features.
• Create intelligent and nimble SolidWorks models of furniture system components and build assemblies from those components in a thoughtful and editable manner.
• Procure and categorize finish samples from vendors, per project.
• Create assembly approval drawings for client review.
• Work with MASH Account Managers to maintain studio timelines and meet client needs.
• Review client notes to refine designs and secure final approval for production.
• Create SolidWorks parts, assemblies, and shop drawings thorough enough for direct release into production.
• Work with the shop staff of multiple fabricators to maintain design, finish, and quality standards.
• Maintain Vendor deliverable dates.
• Specify hardware and create comprehensive part ordering lists.
• Inspect fabricator production runs to maintain design intent and finish.
• Verify packing and logistics details for delivery to site.
• Collaborate with logistics team to ensure timely delivery.
• Communicate regularly with team to collaborate on project feedback, strategy and planning (i.e. quality control, inventory, labor scheduling, machine maintenance, efficient fabrication techniques)
• Create complete, informative installation drawings from SolidWorks assemblies.
• Oversee final installation on site.
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation plan
• Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture. We believe in culture.
• Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
• Great snacks and regularly hosted bbq!
• Generous Paid Time Off Policy
• Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, 401K with and Life and Disability coverage
• Pet Friendly
And of course awesome team events and discounted prices on our LAX series!
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to the address provided with the subject line “Production designer” provided.
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.