Alias Design Modeler
Job Locations: Metro Detroit, Greensboro NC, Southern California
• Responsible for creating Class “A” Surface data for scale and full size exterior and interior models of proposed corporate products.
• Work involves a considerable amount of creativity and initiative.
• Exercise wide latitude for independent judgment with only moderate supervision given by management.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strong ability to translate sketches into finessed model with minimal design direction
• Create multi-media visual presentations, with high impact renderings and graphics
• Intuitive to new technology and applying them to improve existing techniques
• Create 2D and 3D graphic collages, studio documents
• Creates new and improves existing digital models using other software programs
• Produces finished data, renderings, and animations to specification
• Assists studio personnel in developing solutions to engineering and design problems.
• Coordinates input from internal and external customer to better understand customer needs and or perceptions
• Expert and Fast – dedicated professional Alias Modeler. Strong ability to create production math models (i.e. die pulls, draft angles, stitching, part breakups, etc.) using high tolerance specifications. Previous employment as a Clay Modeler will be viewed positively.
• Ideally worked in a production environment with a good understanding of engineering issues.
• Proactive communicator who work exceptionally well with and for the direction of the Creative Designer and Studio Engineers
• Day to Day Responsibilities INCLUDE – Develop Alias surface for Advanced Concepts and Production Themes. Work closely with Creative Designers and Studio Engineers.
• Day to Day responsibilities DO NOT INCLUDE – Do not include concept sketching or personal creative theme development or submissions, do not include development of animations.
• We do not want a person who wants to be a Creative Designer. We want a professional Alias Sculptor.
• Background – Ideally the candidate will have a strong Alias background who knows how to develop surface, highlights and resolve issues. We also will highly value clay sculpting experience.
• Able to demonstrate a portfolio of “A” class surface development across a wide variety of automotive related projects.
• They must be a proactive communicator and work exceptionally well with the Creative Designer.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
• Ability to work under tight timelines and handle multiple assignments
• Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Industrial Design or equivalent experience
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.