Provides support to the creative process through preparation of thorough, appropriate design solutions, creating a variety of presentation materials/design deliverables by computer, and hand methods.
A Retail Designer with KRS will use their strong skills in 3D rendering (knowledge of Sketchup and Illustrator are essential) to create beautiful interior environments for commercial/retail clients on projects involving:
• Space planning and layout
• Fixture design and equipment specification
• Merchandising/POP/POS displays
• Directional signage
• Full interior and exterior environments
• Specification of finishes and materials
• Collaboration with architectural drafters on the preparation of working drawings
• Strategic branding
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Attend meetings with clients, including discovery, and presentation meetings.
• Responsible for preparing presentation work to KRS design standard
• Responsible for designing to target budget.
• Participates in specific design review meetings.
• Actively monitors, and reports progress daily, communicating ongoing results to design team.
• Exhibits design contract awareness, with understanding of scope of work, approved alterations to contract, and timeline requirements.
• Actively communicates requests for scope of work changes to team leader, and requires approval prior to doing additional work.
• Communicates as a team member with Designers, Drafters, Account Executives, Account Managers, and limited communications with consultants as needed.
• Utilizes, and prepares KRS labor, and expense reports daily, including adherence to protocol, productivity, and accuracy of job costing.
• Organizes, and maintains files and documentation per department protocols.
• Responsible for preparation of presentation drawings, including printing, paste up, stacking, collating, and binding.
• Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• HS Diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in Design, Interior Design, Interior Architecture or a closely related field.
• One to two years Design experience in manufacturing or related field; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Experience designing for retail markets is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and other Abilities:
• Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Project and time management skills.
• Computer design skills utilizing Corel, Adobe design software, and SketchUp.
• Demonstrated hand rendering skills in conceptual sketching, and finished architectural illustrations.
• Proven ability to work within a design team environment, and application of design standards.
• Proven ability to provide accurate, comprehensive, and legible site surveys.
Please provide resume and attach or link to portfolio of creative work.
***Please note this position is located in Eugene, Oregon and will not be filled remotely. Candidates interested in relocating to the Eugene Oregon area are welcome to apply; in-person interview may be required.***
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.