We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About our Product Design Team
The Product Design team at Cruise is a passionate multidisciplinary group of designers, researchers, and 3D artists driving the future of autonomous urban mobility. Their unique challenge is to introduce emerging AV technology to people’s daily lives with the promise of saving lives, money, and time. With the support of General Motors, the team creates a holistic end-to-end experience of our autonomous ride-sharing platform—from the tools that train the AVs to the vehicle interiors of tomorrow. They seek to continue building a team of individuals as inclusive as the future we're creating, thoughtfully crafting everything from hardware and software to 3D and sound.
About the role:
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from generating new product innovation to crafting the pixels. You will leverage your full range of product thinking, interaction design, and visual design skills to shape the future of autonomous vehicle experiences.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design product and service experiences that are intuitive and exceptionally well crafted
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to make strategic decisions to our products
- Refine your designs from concept to high fidelity prototypes
- Collaborate with engineers to implement designs to pixel perfection
- Evolve and maintain components of our design system
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, continually raising our bar for quality
You may be a good fit if:
- You’re committed to craft, sweat the details, and love technical challenges
- You thrive in ambiguous environments
- Strong product thinking and collaboration skills
- A passion for designing the elements of a service beyond pixels
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate your designs, receive feedback gracefully, and contribute to the work of others
- Experience shipping quality designs at scale (mobile, gaming, 10-foot UI)
- Extensive knowledge of common operating systems & accessibility patterns
- Strong visual design, motion, and prototyping skills
- Ample technical knowledge to translate your designs for engineering
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
-Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.