We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We’re looking for a seasoned and inspiring design leader to join the Design Team at a pivotal moment for Cruise. You will help lead and scale our Product Design team, shape the company’s strategy, and help to define the world’s understanding of autonomous vehicle experiences. Your leadership will help shape the culture of design, research, and product development at Cruise.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Build and lead a product design team that pioneers the design of autonomous vehicles and people’s experience with them
- Partner with cross-functional teams and Cruise leadership to define the experience of ridesharing in autonomous vehicles
- Collaborate across disciplines to plan and manage the execution of our product roadmap
- Recruit, hire and mentor and amazing team of product designers
- Help build our design culture
- Work to create a design system that expresses our brand, speeds our development, and will be loved by broad communities of people
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute wherever needed
You should apply for this role if you have:
- 10+ years experience working in product design, shipping experiences at scale to deliver measurable impact. 6+ years managing teams of high-quality design talent.
- A history of developing product vision and strategy and helping peers translate that into product roadmaps and experiences
- Success designing for diverse groups of people (e.g. multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities)
- You are extraordinarily skilled in both written and spoken communication with the ability to influence company decisions
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Company-sponsored tech talks, happy hours, off-sites, and volunteer programs
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.