We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We’re looking for a seasoned and inspiring design leader to help us shape the story of autonomous vehicles. Ideal candidates have impeccable taste, product development experience, and leadership admired by others. As the Brand Design Director, you’ll manage a team of creatives who define Cruise’s branding and craft compelling in-product experiences.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Help develop the strategy for our brand (including our mission, values, and brand architecture)
- Set the creative direction and develop the brand identity system for Cruise
- Ensure how we look, sound and feel when you interact with Cruise is consistent and reinforces our brand values
- Lead the Brand Design team, mentoring design execution and maintaining a high quality bar for our in-product experiences
- Be a thought leader and a strategic partner to leadership at the company
- Educate the organization on the brand identity system and how to leverage it
- Help lead and creative direct external agencies
You should apply for this role if:
- 8+ years managing design teams with a track record of shipping inspiring, well-crafted work across mediums – consumer products, web, video
- Experience working across product and marketing teams to develop integrated experiences
- You know how to think blue sky, bring an idea to fruition, and empower the design team to do so
- You are relentlessly customer-focused
- A track record of building, managing, and motivating teams. People want to work on your team again.
- You are extraordinarily skilled in both written and spoken communication with the ability to influence company decisions
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Company-sponsored tech talks, happy hours, off-sites, and volunteer programs
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.