Are you a Model Making guru? Are you interested in the world of Consumer Product Packaging and Product Design? Can you take a concept and create a real lifelike object based on that concept? Are you motivated and creative but detail oriented? Do you have a BS degree in Industrial Design, or another Technical Discipline? Does the idea of working in a collaborative environment with state-of- the-art 3D Printing and Prototyping equipment grab your attention?
As part of our continued growth and expansion, Product Ventures is excited to offer the opportunity for employment in the Dallas Metro area for a Senior Prototyping Specialist. Applicants must possess expertise within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
We are seeking a highly motivated senior-level industrial designer or model maker who is interested in the world of 3D printing, packaging and product design. Your primary responsibility will be taking charge of prototyping projects and insuring their efficient delivery and high-quality execution.
If you are seeking a challenging position which will allow you to play a key role on our Prototyping Team, contribute to the growth and success of a highly regarded design organization and you have the passion for creative problem solving then this could be a great opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Industrial Design Director as a Senior Prototyping Specialist at Product Ventures you will have the following responsibilities:
• Intimately interact with members of the Prototyping team and assist in the creation of highly detailed 3D models to meet project objectives
• Create thermoform tooling and thermoform parts in the context of project requirements
• Set up 3D printing builds and assist in the clean up and preparation of 3D printed parts
• Finish premium quality Comprehensive Mockups in a manner consistent with our high standards
• Color match and paint prototypes as required
• Set up and execute complex graphic print jobs on in house printers and systems
• Interact with all team members in a highly collaborative and respectful manner
• Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or another Technical Discipline
• Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of work related experience, be hands on and good at problem solving
• The ideal candidate will be adept at CNC machining and programming, preferably in MasterCam
• Experience with 3D printing and Rapid Prototyping is required
• Experience with Thermoforming principles and practices and creating tooling for and producing parts by Thermoforming is necessary
• Experience with hand modeling and fabrication is required
• Experience with casting and liquid rubber or silicone materials is required
• Experience with SolidWorks, ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software is required
• A minimum level of proficiency in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is required
• The ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and thrive in a team environment
• The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, punctual, a self starter and an independent thinker
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual. For consideration, please e-mail us a cover letter, resume, and your salary requirements to email@example.com.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.