As part of our continued growth and expansion, Product Ventures is seeking an experienced and innovative Industrial Design Director/Account Manager to join our team in the Dallas metro area. Applicants must possess expertise within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
If you are super articulate and business savvy with tons of creative experience then this could be a great opportunity for you.
In this role, you will lead a team of Design and Prototyping professionals that provide design support and prototyping expertise. You will manage Prototyping Team projects and our client relationship, ensuring design concepts are consistent with their strategic vision and are executed successfully, on time and on budget. You will need to be tenacious about obtaining all of the necessary project deliverable information and making the right decisions. You will need to be able to tactfully share information about trade-offs and limitations, discuss the realities of cost, timing and complexity related to project deliverables and negotiate for the right outcome to set projects up for success.
One of your key responsibilities will be to position Product Ventures as a strategic and collaborative subject matter expert in the creation of all things prototype related. You will work with our client’s cross-functional teams to contribute to the conceptualization, design, and development of innovative packaging and products and ensure the proper translation of a broad range of inputs results in the creation and execution of winning design concepts and prototypes.
• Manage client projects and ensure the accomplishment of objectives, on time and within budget
• Effectively collaborate with Product Ventures CEO and insure that our standards are being upheld in the creation of new packaging and prototype concepts
• Maintain and grow our client relationship
• Ensure successful performance of the Prototyping Team
• Mentor and motivate prototyping team members
• Create effective proposals that win business and accomplish objectives while leveraging all applicable prototyping resources
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Strong leadership skills; strategic, direct, decisive, and able to command respect
• Ability to multitask and successfully support multiple client challenges at one time
• Able to effectively communicate and negotiate with client to obtain alignment on issues that are key to project success
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or related field, Master's degree preferred
• 15+ years' professional experience as an industrial/product designer, 5+ years' experience leading teams
• Demonstrated expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe IIlustrator, Keyshot, Artios CAD and SolidWorks
• Proven track record of leading projects from concept through commercialization
• The ideal candidate must exhibit talent for the creation and execution of aesthetically pleasing forms and possess expert sketching skills
• A knowledge printing processes, flexible films and other packaging materials would be beneficial
Product Ventures is a world class product and packaging design consultancy. We artistically fuse consumer desires, business objectives and manufacturing realities in the creation innovative design. We leverage the power of consumer-informed iterative design fueled by rapid prototyping and on-the-spot decision making to transform design concepts into marketplace success.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual. For consideration, please e-mail us a cover letter, resume, and your salary requirements to email@example.com.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.