As part of our continued growth and expansion, Product Ventures excited to offer the opportunity for employment in the Dallas Metro area for an Industrial Designer with expertise in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
If you are ready for the next move in your design career, then this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
As an Industrial Designer for Product Ventures we expect that you will be curious and creative and have a “hands on” attitude to aid in the creation of outstanding product and packaging concepts. You will be responsible for understanding the finer points of any given design challenge and then collaboratively creating concepts which address all aspects of the challenge. You will work closely with the Industrial Design Director and members of our Prototyping Team to ensure that the ideas you conceive are translated into real tangible objects.
• Aid in the team creation of a broad range of creative and effective ideas per project objectives, considering all aspects of a challenge
• Assist the Prototyping Director with management of the prototyping staff
• Promote work quality, timeliness of deliverables, and management of design budget
• Promote team knowledge and skill development to increase quality, speed and effectiveness
• Support timely review of team work to incorporate feedback prior to delivery date
• Seek relevant inspirational samples to resolve project challenges
• Take effective photographs ensuring good composition and lighting
• Create and deliver effective PowerPoint presentations insuring clean layout, and proper hierarchy of information
• Present work in an articulate, enthusiastic and professional manner
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors in Industrial Design; Master’s degree preferred but not required
• 5-10 years of experience as a practicing designer with a focus on product and packaging design
• Demonstrated expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe IIlustrator and Keyshot rendering software
• Experience with Artios CAD and SolidWorks is required
• The ideal candidate must exhibit talent for the creation and execution of aesthetically pleasing forms and possess expert sketching skills
• The ideal candidate will possess thorough & up-to-date knowledge of materials & manufacturing processes
• Experience with part design considerations for injection molding, blow molding and thermoforming is desired
• Experience creating effective PowerPoint presentations and working with other Microsoft Office products is required
• Experience working with additive manufacturing /3D printing equipment would be beneficial
• A knowledge printing processes, flexible films and other packaging materials would be beneficial
• The ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and thrive in a team environment
• The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, punctual, a self-starter and an independent thinker
Product Ventures is a world class product and packaging design agency. We artistically fuse consumer desires, business objectives and manufacturing realities in the creation innovative design. We leverage the power of consumer-informed iterative design fueled by rapid prototyping and on-the-spot decision making to transform design concepts into marketplace success.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual. For consideration, please e-mail us a cover letter, resume, portfolio link (or PDF) and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.