Job Description Summary
This role provides a unique opportunity for a strategic and conceptual thinker and story teller to drive a new brand forward. The position requires a proven track record of exceptional design thinking, an understanding of a brand at its deepest level, and demonstrable expertise across many design disciplines. To be successful in this role, you will ensure that the designs produced speak with a clear strategic direction and are responsible for clearly and effectively communicating this across all mediums.
Responsible for the overall, consistent expression, strategic execution and quality of the visual identity for the Syniverse brand including guidelines, assets (e.g., icons, fonts, color palette, art files, photography, etc.) and other brand content across digital and physical touch-points. Develops, refines and advances the brand’s visual identity across multiple channels and corporate assets to effectively deliver on the Syniverse brand promise and experience. Creates and owns guidelines and tools to ensure internal and external partners understand the strategic underpinning of our brand identity and can consistently and expertly execute on-brand across the touch-points that bring the Syniverse brand to life in the world in a bold and innovative way. Responsible for leading oneself and working with others across the organization for execution.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and integration of the brand identity and visual identity system (e.g. icons, fonts, color palette, photography, etc.) across the organization and external/internal touch points, digital and physical.
• Establish, implement and foster a culture of creativity to achieve world-class brand design capabilities.
• Creates and maintains brand guidelines and collaborates across various cross functional teams to ensure employees, channels, partners and other parties are properly utilizing the brand.
• Influence and represent brand in user experience design across digital touch-points including website and customer portals
• Monitors the Syniverse brand and competitive landscape to understand current state of identity executions, activation efforts, and market trends and recommends and executes improvements that elevate the brand.
• Project manages various complex projects that involve the brand for internal and external partners as needed.
• Provides excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders and groups by demonstrating marketing leadership, promoting collaboration and fostering a team environment.
• Sets the direction for and manages design activities including: creative project intake and workflow management, creative review/integration, project prioritization, and flawless delivery of quality creative that reinforces the brand strategy and consistently reflects the brand identity.
• Collaborates with internal and external partners to conceptualize, design and implement marketing communications and other visual content for conferences, presentations, and events.
• Champions the brand design philosophy and standards.
• 10 years of experience brand identity management, creative direction, design direction or other related work
• Agency experience preferred
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design or other related design discipline
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong design background with ability to do go from concept to final product across various channels and mediums, digital and physical, including background in UI/UX design
• Demonstrated knowledge of global branding and marketing principles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation design and delivery.
• Portfolio of original and breakthrough work
• Experience in advertising, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion and/or new media communication.
• Solid knowledge of the requirements of the creative process including typical time and resources needed to produce with efficiency quality work on time, and to specification.
• Experience working with partners to deploy the brand.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative capabilities, including project management and cross-functional leadership.
Syniverse is the world’s most connected company—we pioneer innovations that take businesses further. Our secure, global network reaches billions of people and devices. Our engagement platform powers the customized experiences of the future. And the millions of secure transactions we drive every minute are revolutionizing how goods and services are exchanged. We have always led companies to re-imagine the boundaries of possibility. Today we’re delivering on opportunities with the power to change the world. www.syniverse.com
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.