We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Client Solutions team at Western Digital develops content storage solutions for millions of connected users around the world. The team delivers these solutions through three industry-leading brands – WD, SanDisk, and G-Technology.
The Senior Industrial Designer will lead the design of content storage solutions for consumer and prosumer applications. In doing so, this person will collaborate with Client Solutions design, marketing, engineering and supplier teams to inspire, create, and deliver world-class products. Furthermore, this person will contribute to the evolution and implementation of industrial design languages to maintain brand leadership across the WD, SanDisk, and G-Technology brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead industrial design for new content storage products across WD, SanDisk, and G-Technology brands.
• Understand user needs, market trends, and emerging technologies. Apply these influences to the industrial design process.
• Create design concepts using 2D and 3D tools. Effectively communicate concepts to the design team and key business stakeholders.
• Engage with engineering and supplier teams to implement industrial design and deliver world-class products.
• Ensure that industrial design aligns with business and technical criteria.
• Contribute to the evolution of industrial design languages for all Western Digital Client Solutions brands.
• Conceptualize new product and experience opportunities in content storage.
• Be an advocate for design within the team and throughout Western Digital. Contribute to the growth of design as a strategic asset within the business.
• 3-7 years+ of industrial design experience.
• Strong communication skills – ability to work together with people in different functions and locations is critical. Also important is ability to receive and provide input effectively.
• Experience evolving and implementing industrial design languages for brands.
• Understanding of CMF and other manufacturing processes used in consumer electronics.
• Working knowledge of industry-standard design tools – Adobe Creative Cloud, SolidWorks or other 3D CAD, Keyshot or other rendering software, and rapid prototyping.
• BA/BS in Industrial Design required.
• Proven track record of industrial design for consumer electronics preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 15%.
• Please submit portfolio PDF or website link.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.