Come work with us in Sausalito!
Deap Design is an industrial design and product strategy firm focused on bringing exciting new products to market. Founded by industrial designers Anna-Pia and Erich Slothower, our studio is located in Sausalito, CA. We work in a wide variety of product fields, including kitchen and bath fixtures, furniture, lighting, wearables, and consumer electronics including smart home products. Our clients range from start-ups to large corporations and our work leads us to an exciting variety of materials and technologies – from ceramics and cast iron to new manufacturing processes and emerging technologies. We are passionate about beautiful solutions – both visually and functionally!
We are currently seeking talented candidates for mid-level and senior-level industrial designer positions to expand our industrial design team. We are looking for extremely creative candidates with great sketching skills, sculptural sensitivity, a strong interest in interior design and trends, an eye for the big picture and the drive to seek perfection in every detail. An aptitude for mechanical construction and holistic problem solving is a must.
- Contribute a large amount of innovative and creative ideas to the design projects at hand
- Demonstrate a passionate interest in cultural trends and consumer habits
- Build 3D models to support design development, sculptural development, and prototyping –(Alias proficiency is a big plus!)
- Create solutions that excite and move the market forward
- Translate brand values into design concepts, graphics and sculptural form
- CMF is an important part of the work we do: Create stories around the color, materials, texture, patterns as it relates to the full design intent of the product design
- Support all areas of design with specific tasks including document lay-out and production, design research, renderings and presentation design.
- 2-7 years of Industrial design working experience
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design
- 3D modeling skills, preferably Alias Design, and/or Rhino, SolidWorks
- Great communication skills; visual, verbal and written
- Excellent hand sketching
- Great hand modeling skills
- A portfolio that demonstrates a wide range of products, understanding of construction and technical aptitude, hand sketches, research, and how you develop forms and creative solutions
- Ability to work well within a team
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.