The Technical Designer is responsible for the technical development of design plans through all phases of a project from inception to execution. Working closely with our interdisciplinary teams, they will play an integral role in the development of concept driven designs that meet project and budget goals.
We are seeking an individual who is a creative thinker, eager problem solver, and a good multi-tasker. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in a creative field and/or agency environment and will be able to manage multiple projects at different phases simultaneously.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Illustrate technical design concepts for internal ideation and reference, as well as for client presentations. This will include hand sketches, line drawings, and elevations
- Provide consistent technical consultation as project concepts develop
- Collaborate with design partner in development of detailed design concepts and fleshed out plans for each project through drafting, modeling, sampling and research
- Generate venue base plots, rigging plots, and floorplans using AutoCAD or Vectorworks
- Work with internal teams to budget for specific design elements, materials, and staffing needs in order to meet project budget goals
- Anticipate challenges and come up with feasible solutions that meet project and budget goals
- Research and source materials, methods of construction, and vendors that meet quality standards
- Prepare clear technical drawings and construction briefs for the studio and outside vendors
- Work with internal teams to develop successful on-site execution plan, including communicating staffing needs, on-site tools and materials needs
- Work with third party vendors, such as: lighting, a/v, draping and carpeting to ensure successful execution of our design plans
- Oversee the execution of approved design and production plans on-site and make necessary decisions in order to maintain high quality standards and safety requirements
- Lead on-site installation crew
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years professional design experience
- A Degree in Architecture, Theatrical Design, Industrial Design, Furniture Design, Interior Design or related field is required
- Expert knowledge of Vectorworks and/or AutoCAD Lt
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent computer skills - fluent in excel, word, and outlook
- Understanding of experiential marketing industry a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to remain calm and positive in a fast-paced environment
- A commitment to get the job done is a must
Please submit cover letter, portfolio, resume and salary requirements with TECH DESIGNER in the subject line of the email.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.