Invetech is seeking a bright and spirited Industrial Designer to be a part of our team, responsible for piloting Industrial Design during our product design and development journeys. Applying your unique flair, you will play a pivotal role in dreaming-up and realising solutions, both autonomously and through creative collaboration.
We can provide you with the opportunities to be courageous, innovative, inspiring, and hands on, through user research, concept creation and rapid iteration. We want you to be a part of our team that takes on big challenges, works fast, designs elegant systems, supports each other and enjoys the journey of creation.
We want to attract industrial designers that are striving for meaningful and diverse project challenges, consulting to top-tier global clients. We’re looking for someone that treasures being a part of a hard-working team, has a true enthusiasm for industrial design, and a natural design talent.
Overall responsibilities include:
• Hands-on design, evolving your ideas from sketches to prototypes, driving the final design direction
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary product design experts, whether engineers or design researchers, onsite or remotely
• Frequently employ design for usability and human factors, testing and iterating physical concepts
• Working with clients to support and direct their vision, contributing to their product success
• Industrial Design industry experience across a broad range of product development and design programs as showcased in your portfolio
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design (or equivalent)
• Proficient in sketching, generating imaginative concepts and adept in clearly communicating ideas visually and verbally
• Experience utilizing the tools of 3D CAD (Solidworks Advanced Surfacing an advantage), Adobe Creative Suite and Keyshot (or similar)
• Naturally construct inventive concept prototypes from the crude, to those for presentation, using foam-core, 3D prints or otherwise
• Persistence to work rapidly, under short time frames and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
• Exhibits innate aesthetic design ability, through understanding of form, proportions and the importance of considered design detail
• A broad view of the product development process end to end, sensitive how aesthetics, usability, and experience design contribute to the holistic product offering
• A collaborative work ethic and an understanding of the importance of the team, coupled with confidence to work autonomously
Interested in applying? In addition to submitting your CV, we would really like to see some of your work! Please include a copy of your portfolio with your submission.