Public Transportation Services Corporation (PTSC)
PTSC is an equal employment opportunity employer
Non-Represented EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
SENIOR CREATIVE DESIGNER (GRAPHIC DESIGN)
Start: $33.52 per hour - Top: $50.26 per hour
THIS POSITION IS TEMPORARY (UP TO 40 HOURS) WITH LIMITED BENEFITS. NO QCP WILL BE ESTABLISHED. (Please see the Benefits tab for additional information.)
• • **In addition to submitting your application online, in order to be considered for the position you must also submit five (5) to ten (10) samples of graphic design projects via e-mail to email@example.com. Please refer to the supplemental questions for specific instructions on submitting your portfolio.
This bulletin is posted to establish or add to a Qualified Candidate Pool(QCP)
To provide advanced-level professional graphic design solutions that convey information about Metro’s wide ranging programs, projects and services.
Example Of Duties
• Leads design teams from concept to completion of small, medium, and large-scale projects including defining design criteria, conducting research, creating team assignments, and schedules, providing design direction and refining presented concepts and designs
• Conceptualizes, designs, refines, and produces creative work for Metro’s internal and external clients and/or employs Metro’s existing design standards and templates
• Collaborates with internal and external clients to refine project objectives and how best to accomplish quality work within time and budgetary constraints
• Investigates and resolves design problems by undertaking substantive research and analyzing data in order to find the best creative solutions
• Provides creative design solutions that ensure continuity of Metro’s voice and brand in all media
• Designs for a wide range of mediums including print, outdoor, screen, web, mobile, interactive/digital, and other new media
• Provides design direction and mentors junior designers, illustrators, photographers, and other consultants and oversees work on specific projects
• Prepares visual presentations for management-level staff using a variety of software, mockups and/or samples
• Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Requirements For Employment
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art, Advertising, or related field
• 4 years’ progressively responsible experience conceptualizing, designing, refining and producing advanced-level communications in print and digital spaces; collaborating with clients; and leading creative teams through project completion
Due to the competitiveness of the recruitment, consideration may be given to those candidates who demonstrate the following additional qualifications:
• Experience in visual storytelling, problem solving and creating brand continuity in digital spaces with a focus on specific audiences and targeted messaging
• Experience in multiple medium design including print, outdoor, web and mobile
• Experience in digital marketing, including social media, HTML5/CSS3, design motion graphics, animated sequences or other related software
• Comprehensive professional portfolio is highly desirable
• Basic and current principles and theories of graphic design and typography, new media, and/or environmental graphics
• Mac-based hardware and related Adobe Creative software programs such as: Adobe In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, After Effects, Animate and Premiere
• Font management software utilities, Microsoft Office, and other desktop publishing tools
• Superior administrative, organizational, writing and visual /verbal presentation skills
• Develop appropriate design direction for advertising campaigns, customer information, printed and online communications, motion graphics and short films, advertising, and/or signage and wayfinding
• Successfully track multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Be flexible, handle creative direction and work well with multiple players
• Effectively develop advance-level communications with pixel-level detail and digital craftsmanship
• Correctly create final design files for print and digital graphic design projects and update files regularly to on-site servers
• Read, write, speak, and understand English
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply, visit Metro's website at www.metro.net and complete an online Employment Application.
Computers are available to complete online Employment Applications at the following Metro location:
METRO Headquarters, Employment Office
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Telephone: (213) 922-6217 or persons with hearing or speech impairments can use California Relay Service 711 to contact Metro.
All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.(SDR)
*Open to the public and all Metro employees
This job bulletin is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
Complete an online employment application.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.