Industry City is a 6 million square foot, 16 building redevelopment located in Brooklyn, New York. The complex is undergoing an ambitious multi-phase repositioning to transform historic industrial buildings into a modern mixed-use office and retail campus. Industry City is home to a unique mix of businesses including, media and advertising firms Time Inc. and Publicis, technology firm Motivate (owner and operator of CitiBike) and the fortune 500 engineering firm AECOM. The property also hosts the Brooklyn Nets franchise headquarters and the team’s state of the art practice facility. Throughout its ground floors Industry City features an array of highly curated food and spirits purveyors and stylish retailers including ABC Carpet, Design Within Reach and Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams.
Industry City is looking to expand its in-house Design Team with a Graphic Designer to support the design and implementation of projects across campus. The Industry City Design Team is responsible for establishing and executing the aesthetic vision of Industry City for all the architecture, landscape architecture, signage, wayfinding, lighting, streetscape improvement, environmental graphic, and interior design projects that take place throughout the campus. This position will collaborate with fast-paced interdisciplinary teams of architects, interior designers, graphic designers, illustrators, digital designers. The Design Team works across design disciplines and while this position will have heavy emphasis on both environmental and 2d graphics, ability to contribute to 3-dimensional interior and architectural development is a plus.
• Collaborate and manage design projects throughout campus – contributing both environmental graphics and interior design development support.
• Coordination with marketing team to thoughtfully execute promotional initiatives that incorporate design elements
• Interface with tenants and retailers to design, maintain, and implement branded banners and billboards located across campus
• Oversee, maintain, and update wayfinding signage and graphics throughout the campus
• Interface with print vendors to develop quotes, proofs, materials, printing process, and color to ensure alignment with project goals and oversee that each print job is high quality, on time and on budget
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field of study from an accredited university; and
• 2-3 years+ of professional experience; or
• Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• Passion for design and familiarity with current trends across design disciplines
• Flexible and capable of balancing multiple projects and deadlines.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Skilled in the use of Adobe suite and Microsoft Office products
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.