We are looking for a stellar Industrial Design Intern to join the RD&E Packaging & Innovation Team. You will work as part of a dedicated Industrial Design team and collaborate with Packaging Engineering, Manufacturing, Formulation, Technical Knowledge & Observations and Consumer Insights to research, explore, design and develop new and innovative designs for the various Henkel product lines. This position is available for January-June 2019 or July-December 2019.
The Trumbull, Connecticut location is a state-of-the-art R&D facility designed to foster collaborative innovation. Henkel offers R&D internships in a variety of disciplines with the total number of interns depending on the time of year. Henkel interns work closely with mentors to make sure that the internship experience supports an intern's educational goals as well as the needs of the business.
• Support Package Design and Engineering with the development of new primary and secondary packaging
• 2D and 3D concept & form development through sketching and CAD
• Evaluate and create 3D CAD models in Solidworks
• Create product renderings and images
• Participate in brainstorming and problem solving sessions
• Exposure to basic manufacturing processes including injection and blow molding
• Exposure to rapid prototyping techniques and materials including model making (both appearance and proof of concept) and operation of SLS (Selective Laser Sinter) system
• Support consumer research projects in our in-house focus group facility
• Work as part of interdisciplinary innovation teams
• Working towards a BS, BA or BFA in Industrial Design with a minimum 3.2 GPA
• Junior level student preferred
• 0 - 1 year related co-op exp.
• Some Solidworks or other solid modeler (Pro-E, Seimens NX etc) experience required
• Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience required
• MS PowerPoint experience a bonus
• Experience or demonstrated interest in rapid prototyping / model shop environment
• Attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate both verbally and visually and distill an idea down to its essence
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and exploration
• Please submit both resume and work samples.
***Please note: This opportunity is only open to undergraduate matriculating students who will return to school after internship
Get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel. Discover our winning culture: www.henkel-northamerica.com/careers/jobs-and-application
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Please apply via these links:
Jan - Jun 2019:
Jul - Dec 2019: