BUILT NY is a design focused lifestyle brand based in New York City with its studio/office located near the Flatiron. The company was founded on the belief that great design makes everyday life better. The BUILT ethos is creative and collaborative. We are looking for a like-minded design professional to join us to help build the brand and help create great products.
• Collaborate with the BUILT team to create relevant product designs
• Solve product use problems with design thinking
• Research trends in soft goods, materials, and surface treatments
• Ideate new and original cut and sew designs
• Sketch concepts, build prototypes and prepare spec kits
• Review factory samples and make corrections as necessary
• Ideate and create surface patterns and colorways
• 3 years soft goods design experience
• Strong Adobe Illustrator skills required
• Knowledge of fabric and sewing
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, and other MS Office software solutions
• CAD skills, preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Design, Manufacturing or related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.