Your responsibilities include working with various clients related to projects assigned to you. These projects will vary in scope from transportation, consumer products, graphics, and mechanical mechanisms. You will be assisting in the development of concepts on existing products and product ideas to develop innovative, ergonomic, user-friendly designs that attract consumers, as well as coordinate the look and function of product.
CANDIDATES LOCAL TO THE DALLAS-FT. WORTH AREA PREFERRED
• Work with engineering, marketing, production, and/or sales departments as needed to promote the company image.
• Perform contextual and ethnographic research on appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
• Take part in specialized and/or multidisciplinary team meetings.
• Travel to Client and/or production facilities.
• Develop concepts in collaboration with the Design and Engineering team.
• Rapid prototyping for soft goods, physical models, and other fabrication.
• Conduct product testing with a critical eye on fit/function, and relay findings to improve concepts.
• Develop 2D sketches/linework, block models, and technical drawings to illustrate concept aesthetic and/or functionality to the client.
• Fabricate 3D digital models for presentations.
• Revise models according to client feedback and vendor constraints.
• Research production materials pertaining to cost, manufacturing, longevity, and other pertinent product constraints.
• Present designs to client for approval.
• Test designs in focus groups or surveys.
• Identify, assess, and attend relevant industry trade shows and exhibitions.
• Research costs of production materials.
• Develop manufacturing and assembly guides.
• Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
• 3-5 Years Industrial Design experience; prefer developed conceptual, creative and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to interact and present to all team members, managers, and stakeholders, both within PI and client organizations.
• Proven ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to work in team environments.
• Presentation and Storytelling
• Ability to plan and execute design, ethnographic, contextual Research
• Design for Manufacture (Materials and Process)
• Soft goods fabrication skills a plus
Education and Training Requirements:
• BS or BFA degree in Industrial Design or related specialization from a four-year college or university required.