Job Title: Product Designer of Lighting and Home Decor
Reports To: Product Design Director
Product Designer for Lighting and Home Décor
Who We Are Looking For
Are you passionate about creating beautifully timeless products that inspire people and enhance their lives? Do you approach design with an artistic, and inventive twist? Are you equally comfortable communicating complex design concepts with a pencil or computer? Then we should talk!
We would like to hire an experienced Industrial Designer to be an essential part of our creative team. This person will work across our three brands – Cyan Design, Oxygen Lighting, and Quorum International, to create and develop product designs specializing in lighting, ceiling fans, and home décor.
What You’ll Do
• Develop new innovative product designs from idea to completion.
• Conduct trend analysis via tear sheets, social media, books, and travels, and compose into compelling trend boards.
• Work with in-house management, sales representatives, data analysts, and customers to identify emerging trends within markets and existing lines.
• Communicate effectively with Product Development Coordinators to ensure overseas vendors have all the necessary design, construction and quality specifications required to make samples on schedule.
• Assist in the design and development of Marketing needs throughout all showrooms, trade fair booths, catalogs, web sites, and social media
• Work with and mentor design interns
What it takes
• For consideration, you must email a cover letter, resume and link/PDF to your portfolio, which illustrates products you have designed or contributed creatively to.
• Minimum 4-6 years experience in lighting, home décor, and furniture design.
• College degree in Industrial Design, Architecture or furniture design.
• Strong computer skills in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Solidworks/rhino/3d software.
• Strong sketching skills.
• Able to relocate to Dallas/Fort Worth area.
• Travel as needed to trade shows and overseas factories.
201 RAILHEAD RD
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.