Job Summary and Mission
As senior project designer, you will contribute to Starbucks success by delivering outstanding store designs for the Asia Pacific markets that uphold the Starbucks Customer Experience, meet brand design expectations, cost, schedule and operational requirements. You will work under the direction of the design manager and in close partnership with other peers and studio leadership, in accordance with Starbucks brand values.
As senior project designer, you will be:
- A Designer: You will have a strong brand mindset, and execute store designs that are relevant, elevate and protect the brand. You will demonstrate your creativity in each project by taking inspiration from local site features and context, as well as the customer and community profile, while meeting budgets and timelines.
- A Creative: You will develop unique design solutions in response to a brand design direction. You will have a winning attitude to conquer challenges and see the possibilities in them approaching the work with a creative and positive outlook.
- A Professional: You will, in partnership with your design manager, fully own the design of each project from concept to design development, developing drawings and visual design packages to support the execution of it. You will effectively present ideas and share design work with a clear, logical and understandable narrative. You will prioritize your work, in order to execute multiple projects at one time, including the management of the production of design documents with external consultants.
- A Team Player: With a diverse and multidisciplinary team, you will collaborate and work side by side with architects, interior designers, graphic designers, construction managers, consultants, suppliers and sometimes directly with artists on projects. Your work will contribute to global development business goals by achieving target deliverables.
- A Storyteller: Your will share the Starbucks coffee story to customers through the concepts you will create behind each store, using artwork as a way to connect our brand with neighborhoods and communities.
- A Brand Protector: You will represent the Starbucks Brand and advocate for the values that the brand represents.
- An Explorer: You will participate in periodic market tours, to learn and stay tuned with market and industry trends. You will embark in your own coffee journey, where you will constantly learn about the world of coffee.
We’d love to hear from people with:
· 4-6 years of interior and architectural design experience preferable in retail, hospitality or restaurant design, working with international design consultancies and/or development organizations.
· Experience in creating design solutions for a range of projects types and sizes.
· Experience in producing visual design content and delivering design documents including details, specifications and schedules. Understanding of architectural drawings, details and specifications
· Degree or diploma in a design discipline from a recognized educational institution.
· Knowledge of drafting tools such as AutoCAD or BIM (Revit).
We will also offer you opportunities to:
· Learn more about business operations
· Interact and collaborate with other non-design disciplines such as marketing, store operations, store development, finance, etc.
·Develop your appreciation for coffee and tea
· Gain expo sure and learn from experienced designers across multiple disciplines
Follow us on Instagram to see our collaborative work with artists @starbucksartprogram
Find out more about Starbucks, please visit https://starbuckschannel.com
Let us give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself. It’s time for you to #beapartner. Apply today!