Stephen Gould is the largest independent global manufacturing and supply chain company in the U.S., offering services that encompass display, packaging design, engineering, marketing communications and production as well as warehousing, assembly and third-party logistics.
Currently we are seeking a highly talented and creative individual to join our designers in our Pittsburgh Branch office. This position is full-time.
As a member of the design team you will report to our Design Center Director. The primary skill sets we are looking for will lean toward the focus of Industrial Design, Packaging Design, and Structural Design. The secondary skillsets required will be on research, packaging graphics, display graphics, graphic layouts, and prepress. You will also collaborate and work closely with other members of the design team, Sales Agents, Account Coordinators, Project Managers and clients within the region and nationally.
Our ideal candidate enjoys being challenged, has the ability to come up with creative solutions, has a proactive approach, contributes their ideas in a TEAM environment, and is strong at multitasking. This position offers many opportunities for professional growth. In an additional to the aforementioned job requirements, you will also be exposed to machinery for rapid prototyping, printing, and so much more.
Portfolios are a necessity for position consideration. Great emphasis is placed on simplicity in presentation with clear and concise project development and excellent support imagery.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent command of Solidworks, AutoCAD, and other 3-D software.
• Strong proficiency in Adobe programs Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or a related / relevant field preferred
• A positive attitude with an emphasis on self-motivation and personal growth
• A portfolio that shows diversity, attention to detail and innovation
• Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workload as needed
Hours: 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Stephen Gould Corporation is an Equal Opportunity, & Affirmative Action employer
Please include a link to your portfolio along with your resume.
We will also need 3 references from previous employers or clients.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.