Fresco is a new (2 years) design consultancy merging industrial design with advanced iterative modeling, and visualization. Our team is comprised of design experts in their respective areas – industrial design, visualization, 3D modeling, and computational design. We work collaboratively for a shared outcome, and the result is work that is exciting, interesting, and world-class. Our clients are diverse in industries, geography, and culture, and we support them through strategy, execution, and honest collaboration.
We’re looking for an experienced industrial designer to take a lead role in our client projects. You’ll be a passionate mentor to junior designers, a thoughtful editor to technical contributors, and a trusted partner to our clients.
This role requires a hands-on design leadership approach and will be central to the building and development of our core ID team. You’ll lead by example – so you’ll be both a creative big-thinker and be able to draw and produce with the best of them. Your work will be an inspiration to others.
• 6-12 years of professional industrial design experience in a fast-paced environment of high output. A mixed experience of corporate and consulting work is highly desirable.
• Ability to lead, direct and inspire our internal team of designers and/or client-side design, engineering, marketing, and manufacturing teams.
• Take a lead role in the creative process, client management, and design reviews.
• Rapid visualization skills using 2D sketching (not only as presentation assets, but also as live whiteboards and digital sketching/markup on screen-sharing sessions)
• Proficient in either surfacing in Rhino or Alias, or SubD modeling in Modo or Maya.
• Experience developing products for production with a strong grasp of modern and high value manufacturing processes.
• Demonstrable experience in product design including all or some of the following: embedded electronics, consumer products, integration of hard and soft goods, automotive, or apparel.
This is an on-site position, based at our Framingham, Massachusetts studio. We are 1 block from the Framingham MBTA, adjacent to the Jack’s Abby brewery.
Fresco offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation assistance will be offered to the right candidate.
We are a work-life balance and family friendly company. We don't work late nights or weekends, and if you ever do, we compensate with overtime pay.